Is Sonic deconfirmed?

#1YoshiWii1Posted 5/20/2012 4:39:53 PM
I think he wouldn't be in this game because he was then they would have announced him by now. But if Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Dr. Robotnik make it in over Sonic, I am going to be p***ed! I refused to buy Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Ultimate because of no Megaman but Zero and Tron Bonne are in!
#2KingIceSonicPosted 5/20/2012 4:54:56 PM
I know right. and everybody forgot about Megaman just cause of Zero. But I think that they need to add Sonic in to put other sonic characters
---
Baby Daisy strenght equals Princess Peach strength equals Blooper strenght
#3YoshiWii1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 4:57:16 PM
KingIceSonic posted...
I know right. and everybody forgot about Megaman just cause of Zero. But I think that they need to add Sonic in to put other sonic characters

The producer refused to put in Megaman in MVC3/UMVC3 despite huge demand for him!
#4MagiusNecrosPosted 5/20/2012 5:07:32 PM
You people worry too much.
---
Like Roleplaying? Join http://s1.zetaboards.com/Espada_of_Alexandria/index/
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#5Moon_GirardPosted 5/20/2012 5:07:37 PM
Blame Zero for being a better character.
No Sonic isn't deconfirmed just because he didn't show up first doesn't mean he isn't in.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MoonGirard/videos
Now you can watch me fail or succeed at playing a bunch of different games(Mega Man the Power Battle)
#6YoshiWii1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 5:17:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Mutsu_KenichiPosted 5/20/2012 6:37:06 PM
Salty Megaman fans are funny.
---
Waiting for Gundam Extreme VS, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, ZOE HD remake and Dai 2 Ji Super Robot Taisen OG
#8GreenhowsePosted 5/20/2012 8:01:20 PM
He's not been deconfirmed. No one's really been deconfirmed (except I think in the first issue that Project X Zone was featured in, I think they implicitly suggest there won't be more Shining representatives).

For what it's worth regarding Marvel (not much, as I'm always going to feel like I'm not hearing the whole story regarding Megaman in that game) Niitsuma has said he would've done things differently as far as the roster.
---
Proud recipient of the 2nd Gary Player Award!
Posting from a glasshouse in the sky. Will Megaman for 8.95
#9Mario_BonesPosted 5/20/2012 10:50:43 PM

Salty Megaman fans are funny.

He's just a troll, he does the same thing over at the UMvC3 boards.
Though with the current state of the Megaman fanbase he sadly could be for real.
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#10MeepleLardiclePosted 5/21/2012 5:56:04 AM
Said it before, I'll say it again...

A reason to not use Sonic would be because of his design. As the cast STANDS NOW (meaning things can obviously change), every character has thus far been a "realistic" humanoid figure. By realistic, I mean they could be easily translated into a real life human, or something resembling it in the case of characters like Hsien-ko (whose blue), Demitri, KOS MOS, etc. They all look fine next to one another.

X and Zero even follow this, being 2 Mega Man characters who work alongside normal sized humans. Yeah, they're a little shorter, but not so much that it stands out, and again, still in proportion.

Now look at Sonic. We have a 3 foot tall anthropomorphic Hedgehog...nothing about him suggests he'd fit in with the other characters, design wise. If they were trying to keep to a specific design criteria, Sonic may have to be ignored for that reason. Similarly, characters like Klonoa, Viewtiful Joe, Pac Man, etc. may not get in for that reason. If you want me to show you further what I mean about Design Clashing?

To further illustrate what I mean, compare Sonic to humans in 2k6, then him to humans in Unleashed. One world has humans that look like deformed cartoon characters (intentionally), thus he fits, the other has them looking like realistic human beings...and he looks REALLY silly.

Also, I should note a few things that are NOT the same as Sonic:

-Anthro Animals that are with human proportions. stuff like Werewolves, Cat-girls, etc. that are basically "humans but with animal fur, skin, etc." Those actually fit into a design like this. Look at Suikoden Kobolds or Lizard people for example. Distinctly not human, but their designs didn't clash with the rest of the universe (this isn't to say Suikoden doesn't have its exceptions...yes, Duck people, I'm looking at you)

-Animals that are actual animals. Amaterasu, for example, looks, acts, walks, etc. like a wolf. This in no way would clash with other characters because a human with an actual wolf does not look weird at all.

So yeah, if Sonic doesn't get in, I'm betting this is the reason. If Sonic doesn't get in but someone like Klonoa does? Then...I really don't know what's going on there.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!