What a lame list from Capcom

#11KingIceSonicPosted 5/29/2012 12:22:42 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Fusioncode99 posted...
Ryu and Ken?
Chris and Jill?

Namco and Sega are totally owning them with their rosters. I guess Capcom wants the game to be localization friendly but I would like to see a little more originality from them.

What a lame topic from Fusioncode99.

>:P

---
Baby Daisy strenght equals Princess Peach strength equals Blooper strenght
#12NME_EnterprisesPosted 5/29/2012 12:36:32 PM
To be fair, Capcom gets numerous crossovers often, so we get more exposure to their characters despite some obscurity. Not to say Ryu, Chris and X are obscure though.

On the other hand, SEGA and Namco are known less for this kind of thing, so when they pick series it's all newer/fresher to us.
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 125
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#13mcnichojPosted 5/29/2012 12:41:13 PM
I guess Capcom wants the game to be localization friendly
The fact it's a region locked handheld game already makes it vastly unfriendly.
---
LoL US/PSN/XBLGT/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita owner. Had my 3DS stolen, I loved it as much as any of my other systems. ):
#14Moon_GirardPosted 5/29/2012 1:10:01 PM
SSBBisawesome posted...
Would've loved Samanosuke and Kaede.

Hopefully an Onimusha character will make it in.

Yeah pretty sure we won't be getting Samanosuke due to his appearance being based of a Actor.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MoonGirard/videos
Now you can watch me fail or succeed at playing a bunch of different games(Mega Man the Power Battle)
#15kenneth_velezPosted 5/29/2012 2:09:19 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Fusioncode99 posted...
Ryu and Ken?
Chris and Jill?

Namco and Sega are totally owning them with their rosters. I guess Capcom wants the game to be localization friendly but I would like to see a little more originality from them.

This, I mean seriously.

The fact that there have been a couple of titles that quable about the lack of originality already exist. To exclude these characters would be like having a Dragon Ball series without Goku, It would be DC releasing a Justice League movie. . . but only using characters from Justice League: Detroit (unrelated, but I think Vibe is the character that DC will make gay). You go with the Big names from your titles, Sorry that Jin and Akira aren't as recognizable as Ruy but they are pretty much the most popular for Namco and Sega's fight game series.

Capcom is the company that has given the most number of Good (qualifer) if not Great third party support and games. Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil Revelations (what the character designs for Chris and Jill are based on) are some of the highest rated 3rd party titles on the system.
#16Mutsu_KenichiPosted 5/29/2012 4:55:04 PM
NME_Enterprises posted...
To be fair, Capcom gets numerous crossovers often, so we get more exposure to their characters despite some obscurity. Not to say Ryu, Chris and X are obscure though.

On the other hand, SEGA and Namco are known less for this kind of thing, so when they pick series it's all newer/fresher to us.

This. Why can't people understand this simple thing?
---
Waiting for Gundam Extreme VS, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, ZOE HD remake and Dai 2 Ji Super Robot Taisen OG
#17SigmaZeroXPosted 5/29/2012 10:03:33 PM
SSBBisawesome posted...
Would've loved Samanosuke and Kaede.

Hopefully an Onimusha character will make it in.

Hopefully that the Onimusha characters are Soki and Fortinbras. I don't care if they are in their human or demon forms.

Back on topic, the list is great.

Frank West, Mega Man X, Zero, Chris, Jill, and Demitri FTW.

*Here's hoping that Sigma, Wesker, Jedah, or some other cool Capcom antagonist will make it.
---
MegaMan X Command Mission: My video of destroying Ninetails with No Hypers, No Substitutions, and No Deaths:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hawu7f2XUzA
#18MeepleLardiclePosted 5/29/2012 11:10:57 PM
Mutsu_Kenichi posted...
NME_Enterprises posted...

This. Why can't people understand this simple thing?

Because automatically assume that all companies are like Capcom and Nintendo, thus regularly have big mainstream crossovers, and the existence of Namco x Capcom doesn't help things out...

...yeah, doesn't really justify the scenario though, so basically "Thirding" this statement :P

On a different note...

Regarding Samanosuke:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. People need to remember that Samanosuke's design is based off a MODERN Japanese Actor, and that can lead to complications for using said character. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Onimusha gets held to a minimum in crossovers.

Notice how Soki has been used in TvC to rep ONimusha, and he was a card in H&H while I believe no other Onimusha character was? I don't think this is a coincidence, but actually done to avoid any sort of legal issues.

So yeah, I wouldn't say Onimusha is impossible, but I'd also say don't get too drawn to one character, especially someone like Samanosuke who has unique issues involved.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#19KrischaosPosted 5/30/2012 12:25:38 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
Fusioncode99 posted...
Ryu and Ken?
Chris and Jill?

^this
#20DemiseEndPosted 5/30/2012 3:06:32 AM
Capcom made 10 - 20 or so crossover and use their SF guys and people complained

Bamco made 30 + crossover where all of them used that same guy over and over again

Whiners > Logic
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it