Why does this always happen with every game I think I'd like? (minirant warning)

#1SwampertOwnsPosted 9/21/2012 7:42:32 AM
Seriously, this game looks pretty dang cool. I flipped the deuce out when I saw X and Zero in it, too (though some Mega Man Zero characters would've sold me this game PERIOD). But there's still that one fact that's deterring me from even considering this game (and yes people, I KNOW it's because of the Japanese culture); how full of damn fanservice it is.

C'mon, seriously? Is the only real way to admire a woman in any fantasy nowadays by showing her body off in suggestive ways? I mean, most of the girls in that video had their chests almost right up against the camera, and most of them weren't even that well covered. Heck, one of them even had her own cover literally pop open, barely obscuring anything! I don't care if that was 'mandatory to using her power,' that's just disgusting. The day that I see a game which #1 originates from Japan #2 utilizes the same anime method they're famous for, #3 includes characters from my favorite series and #4 has none of that fanservice I'm PO'd about is the day that pigs fly, it seems. Sometimes I wonder if the Japanese have any form of decency when it comes to matters like this at all.
---
"Bullets don't win wars, Lin. Soldiers do, and I'm betting ours are smarter." - Captain Brenner
Member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers.
#2NME_EnterprisesPosted 9/21/2012 8:55:51 AM(edited)
Dude, please. This is Banpresto. And KOS-MOS has been doing this for a long time, and you complain about it now?

Also we've already been over this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/667255-project-x-zone/63604432
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 127
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#3murakamePosted 9/21/2012 8:41:51 AM
Whats wrong with a female character looking good and kicking ass at the same time? I thought that was the entire point of fanservice.
#4DemiseEndPosted 9/21/2012 8:51:53 AM
"This is Banpresto."

Yeah there

But the thing is, the difference beetwen Banpresto's fanservice character and generic fanservice character is HOW SO LIKABLE they are that most eneded up liking their characters alongside their.... uh.... appearance

Its rare to have an entertaining character that doubles as fanservice. Kaguya, Lamia, Excellen, Ibis, Lat, etc is a prime example. And especialy Margueritte
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#5Vash22020202020Posted 9/21/2012 9:07:28 AM
Frankly the characters in the games make fun of that stuff more than any of us ever could.

I'll make you a deal. When television, movies, and comics stop using beautiful women and men for every main character I'll start to expect that from my games.

Did Princess Leia really need to be in that metal bikini? Really?

I'm not saying it's right, but don't act like this is something only Japan does.
---
A new study shows happy people live 35% longer lives. Oh yeah, well unhappy people's lives SEEM longer.
#6SwampertOwns(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 4:03:00 PM
I know, I know, it's something that's already been covered a million and one times now. And as for the thing about KOS-MOS, like I said in a different topic I know practically nothing about who that is. In fact, I don't know who half the characters are in this.

Vash22020202020 posted...
Frankly the characters in the games make fun of that stuff more than any of us ever could.

I'll make you a deal. When television, movies, and comics stop using beautiful women and men for every main character I'll start to expect that from my games.

Did Princess Leia really need to be in that metal bikini? Really?

I'm not saying it's right, but don't act like this is something only Japan does.

I agree with you on the points to bring. I'm just fed up that some of the awesomer looking games I'd like to buy keep getting trashed by stuff like this. Being raised in a very morally strict environment does that to a guy.
---
"Bullets don't win wars, Lin. Soldiers do, and I'm betting ours are smarter." - Captain Brenner
#7Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 9/21/2012 4:51:56 PM
It's culture, and it's not only exclusive to Japan.

No, I don't like it.
---
"Do not fail to commit an act of kindness just because it is small in scale; Do not commit an evil act just because it is small in scale." ~Liu Bei
#8SwampertOwns(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 5:28:07 PM
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
It's culture, and it's not only exclusive to Japan.

No, I don't like it.

I know that. Sadly, it's true.

Btw, your quote is awesome.
---
#9Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 9/21/2012 6:05:45 PM(edited)
Oh yeah, that was KOS-MOS, she needs to open up her poor excuse of a "bra" located in a very convenient chest area to use her "X-Buster" (yes, that's actually the name).

Oh and about my quote, I'm thinking of changing it but I can't think of a new one.
---
"Do not fail to commit an act of kindness just because it is small in scale; Do not commit an evil act just because it is small in scale." ~Liu Bei
#10LordVreenakRPosted 9/21/2012 6:28:41 PM
But I love the fanservice....