Omg this game is horrible

#1fissionprimerPosted 6/21/2013 12:19:17 PM
I pre-order it because based on trailers it looked totally awesome.

Thank god they gave us a demo, i thought you were "kind of" in control of the battle but no, you pretty much just push a button and the game plays itself wait till the animation ends push another button and continue... How horrible and boring.
---
obvious sticky (;
#2ign0toPosted 6/21/2013 12:28:48 PM
k
#3TakayaNorikoPosted 6/21/2013 12:40:31 PM
k
---
This is... Rock. You remembered what I like. Thank you.
3DS: 0018-0358-2045
#4evilvergilPosted 6/21/2013 12:44:43 PM
Seems like the game just isnt for you then unfortunately.
---
"We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight."-John Lennon
#5fissionprimer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 12:51:43 PM
evilvergil posted...

If it doesn't bother you, what do you like so much about it?
---
obvious sticky (;
#6Arcangel22Posted 6/21/2013 1:31:13 PM
Because it's not an action game, it's a strategy game filled with fanservice. That's the draw to this game. If it's not your type, that sucks, but it was probably way easier for the developers to form a strategy game based around this concept (not to mention the Namco X Capcom and the SRW series that it serves as a form of successor to shares the ideas) rather than a full-fledged action game.

If it's not for you, unfortunately that's too bad. Just don't try and ruin it for the people that are looking forward to this game like most trolls try to on any JRPG board.
---
"We're not gang members. We're not criminals. We're just dudes playing video games." ~ Maximilian
#7BreakX5Posted 6/21/2013 1:34:27 PM
fissionprimer posted...
evilvergil posted...

Uhh... What did you want out of this game?

Most TBS just have you choose a spot, you choose to attack, and the character swings his sword/does a spell/use a cool finisher and you just watch.

With this game it's the exact same process but slightly more interactive in the sense that you mash a button.

Correct me if I'm wrong but -
Shining Force, Disgaea, Fire Emblem, etc. are all the same concept, where you choose where to go, and choose who to attack and just watch normal, to semi-flashy attacks.

I'd much prefer this concept where it's just slightly interactive, and the bad ass cinematics seem to never end.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 2710-0332-4490
Dead Angels Speak To Me Sometimes. Giving Me Advice That I Should Hear.
#8evilvergilPosted 6/21/2013 1:56:04 PM
fissionprimer posted...
evilvergil posted...

Well ive played the Namco x Capcom(which came several years before this one) and really enjoyed it despite its flaws. Im also a fan of SRPGS like Fire Emblem, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea, the older Shining force titles etc. Like the other person said, its because this game is more interactive in its battles that makes it appealing to me. Plus ive played a majority of the games these characters come from(except for Sakura Wars 1-4, Zombie's Revenge, Yumeria, Dynamite Cop, The legend of valkyrie, and Valkyria Chronicles 3)so the fanservice is a plus for me.

Though tbh i dont blame you for not liking this game, its one of those games in which you either love it or hate it. It just doesnt appeal to everyone and it does have its fair share of flaws regardless of what other people might tell you.
---
"We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight."-John Lennon
#9GeekyDadPosted 6/21/2013 2:04:47 PM
ign0to posted...
k

---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#10Lexmark1989Posted 6/21/2013 4:42:44 PM
See this is why sometimes I think demos are a bad idea for some games and one of the reasons I'm glad kid Icarus didn't have one.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies