Mouse and Keyboard

#1oxbow33Posted 9/12/2012 5:26:58 PM
This game looks really rad, and I feel like I'd like it, but I've run into one problem. The steam warning that says:

"Notice: Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended."

What exactly is wrong with Mouse and Keyboard in this game? Is it playable without a Controller, or do you guys really think I'll need to pick up a gamepad to get the full game experience?
---
GUY PRIDE WORLDWIDE. http://tinyurl.com/7x76hg9
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TS39015
#2MaruKazeryuPosted 9/12/2012 5:31:23 PM(edited)
mouse and keyboard are perfectly fine. the vast majority of people will tell you otherwise because they didn't take the time to get used to it/change the controls to fit their style

personally I prefer not to use the mouse at all. and after logging almost 130 hours on the keyboard, it felt awkward swapping to a 360 controller

on the other hand, I can see why it would be confusing to anyone that never played Dark Souls on either console, and so was new to the game and didn't already know the controls. the tutorial messages use 360 controller inputs
#3ChunhwaPosted 9/12/2012 5:37:14 PM
No matter how much you change the controls, it sucks on a KB+M. I'm normally a diehard KB+M user for damn near everything, but seriously, buy a controller. The game is excellent, but the port job is that bad. It's Devil May Cry 3 for PC bad.
---
One footstep among many is silent. One footstep alone is deafening.
#4SotpMegaPosted 9/12/2012 6:22:33 PM
I took the time to learn the keys only problem is the mouse sensitivity and for that I turn it down to 0 in windows control panel

Right click = heavy attack / rt / +direction jump attack
Left click = attack / rb / while falling plunge attack / +direction kick / behind enemy critical / after parry(Lt) riposte

space = backstep / +direction roll / hold direction run / b
shift = block
tab = parry / Lt
crtl = walk
alt = two/one hand / y

q = action / a
e = use flask / x
v = right switch
c = left switch
f = item switch
r = magic switch
g = gesture menu
o = target / reset camera

home or end(forgot which) = open menu / >start
enter = accept in menus
backspace = close / b in menus
g = explanation in menus
page up/down = move left / right in menus
insert = does something in menus, forgot
delete = does something in menus, forgot
arrow keys = moves highlight bar in menus

a,s,w,d for move
---
###&###
#5MaruKazeryuPosted 9/12/2012 6:27:48 PM
SotpMega posted...
I took the time to learn the keys only problem is the mouse sensitivity and for that I turn it down to 0 in windows control panel

Left click = attack / rb / while falling plunge attack / +direction kick / behind enemy critical / after parry(Lt) riposte

shift = block
tab = parry / Lt
crtl = walk
alt = two/one hand / y

q = action / a
e = use flask / x
v = right switch
c = left switch
f = item switch
r = magic switch
g = gesture menu

enter = accept in menus
g = explanation in menus

a,s,w,d for move

you can move the camera with IJKL and attack with H and U. there's no need to ever touch the mouse, which seems like the biggest complaint I see about KB+M controls
#6Nito_MusashiPosted 9/12/2012 6:37:39 PM
go into r1 and try to aim a bow, that is next to impossible.
#7SotpMegaPosted 9/12/2012 8:56:24 PM
MaruKazeryu posted...

you can move the camera with IJKL and attack with H and U. there's no need to ever touch the mouse, which seems like the biggest complaint I see about KB+M controls

No thanks, the mouse is best for looking(when the sensitivity is reduced) and attacking.
---
###&###
#8AshokPosted 9/13/2012 8:27:31 AM
Chunhwa posted...
No matter how much you change the controls, it sucks on a KB+M. I'm normally a diehard KB+M user for damn near everything, but seriously, buy a controller. The game is excellent, but the port job is that bad. It's Devil May Cry 3 for PC bad.

Go troll elsewhere. The port is fine, M&K work great with DSMfix. I have zero issues with the mouse. Seriously, the sensitivity doesn't seem much different than native PC games. Mouselook certainly feels much tighter and more accurate than Sleeping Dogs, and no one complained about that.
#9Anodyne11Posted 9/17/2012 3:23:13 PM
SotpMega posted...

shift = block
tab = parry / Lt
crtl = walk
alt = two/one hand / y

q = action / a
e = use flask / x
v = right switch
c = left switch
f = item switch
r = magic switch
g = gesture menu

enter = accept in menus
g = explanation in menus

a,s,w,d for move

The controls don't actually look too bad.
I'm considering buying this but I'd only buy the PC version if I can use keyboard controls. (if I'm going to use a controller I'd rather just play on PS3)
I usually get used to keyboard controls for games fast though. (I can't think of a single game I've had problems using keyboard with)
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#10Silvanus350Posted 9/17/2012 7:34:04 PM
Swap some keys around till you're comfortable with it.

KB+M is fine if you get used to it - a lot of people kind of hate on it - but it's not bad.
---
You are now breathing manually.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ~ |||||||||||||||||||| ~ ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]