Xbox 360 controller emulator is driving me crazy

#1Glockass1Posted 8/24/2012 3:40:42 AM
I found a generic usb gamepad and I'm trying to use the X360ce. It doesn't freaking work. The game recognizes the controller without it but the buttons are all over the place. What should I do?
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#2Alucard188(Moderator)Posted 8/24/2012 3:44:45 AM
Look up Joytokey. It maps keyboard buttons to joystick commands.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
#3Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 3:57:57 AM
Alucard188 posted...
Look up Joytokey. It maps keyboard buttons to joystick commands.

I downloaded this and tried mapping some buttons. I don't think that it's possible to play the game using that though. It uses some key combinations that I don't think Joytokey can do.
---
#4Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 5:11:11 AM
bump?
---
#5KCGeminiPosted 8/24/2012 7:21:43 AM
You have to actually place x360ce in the same place that DARKSOULS.exe is. Once you do that and set the controller up, it works.
If you just put it anywhere, it won't get the controller settings and you'll most likely have buttons doing stuff you didn't plan on.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#6Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 7:41:10 AM
KCGemini posted...
You have to actually place x360ce in the same place that DARKSOULS.exe is. Once you do that and set the controller up, it works.
If you just put it anywhere, it won't get the controller settings and you'll most likely have buttons doing stuff you didn't plan on.

I've placed it there from the start.
---
#7KCGeminiPosted 8/24/2012 7:44:26 AM
KCGemini posted...

Do you have any other controllers besides that one? It acts iffy if it detects another controller or any other device that could act as a controller.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#8ThisAwesomeGuyPosted 8/24/2012 7:56:29 AM
If it's a generic controller than most likely its not being detected by the program.
I had the exact same problem as you and spent hours trying to get my controller working. No luck.

I then tried my ps3 controller with a different emulation program and it worked. (Let me know of you want the name of it, I'm not at my comp atm).
---
Currently Lurking: Battlefield 3, Skyrim and Dark souls boards.
#9Shadow EdgePosted 8/24/2012 7:59:10 AM
Never really had a problem with x360ce. :/ I used my generic controller for RE5 back then.

Yeah I prefer controller for that game because mouse aiming is really wonky there for some reason.
---
ns
#10Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 7:59:46 AM
KCGemini posted...
KCGemini posted...

Do you have any other controllers besides that one? It acts iffy if it detects another controller or any other device that could act as a controller.

Nope no other peripherals aside from my mouse, keyboard and headset.

ThisAwesomeGuy posted...
If it's a generic controller than most likely its not being detected by the program.
I had the exact same problem as you and spent hours trying to get my controller working. No luck.

I then tried my ps3 controller with a different emulation program and it worked. (Let me know of you want the name of it, I'm not at my comp atm).

Motionjoy right?
---