Is there some sort of secret to Manus? *dlc spoilers*

#1RuneMaster no2Posted 8/25/2012 12:24:23 AM
I just can't do this. I thought Artorias was hard but Artorias isn't hard. This is ****ing hell. Is there a trick or do I actually have to find some sort of way to dodge his 8-hit or whatever combo? Are there any NPC summons?

I stumbled on this guy after hitting the Chasm of the Abyss and opening a shortcut. I'm not sure if I went too far or not. I know Hawkeye Gough is in the DLC but I've yet meet him.
---
Touch the demon inside me
#2DracozombiePosted 8/25/2012 12:34:42 AM
You can summon Sif if you're human. Did you free him? He's in the hidden alcove that Alvina leads you to.

The only really annoying attack he has is his combo. He always rears and howls before he does that, though.

His spells can be negated by using the Silver Pendant when he casts them.
---
http://thegaminggab.blogspot.com/
#3RuneMaster no2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 12:36:14 AM
Dracozombie posted...
You can summon Sif if you're human. Did you free him? He's in the hidden alcove that Alvina leads you to.

The only really annoying attack he has is his combo. He always rears and howls before he does that, though.

I don't have a silver pendant. And no, I missed Sif. I saw Alvina but once I got to the point where the shortcut was I lost her.
---
#4DracozombiePosted 8/25/2012 12:40:50 AM
Go back to the shortcut spot and poke the cave walls. And search the Oolicile township for the silver pendant.
---
http://thegaminggab.blogspot.com/
#5RuneMaster no2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 1:02:33 AM
As far as I know I've cleared the Oolacile township. No silver pendant. Is it in the upper or lower area?
---
#6Exalted_O_N_EPosted 8/25/2012 1:07:56 AM
There's a message in the township that says "let there be light" or something like that.
get out a lantern and it'll show a hidden pathway which has the silver pendant
#7Exalted_O_N_EPosted 8/25/2012 1:39:15 AM
Dracozombie posted...

how do you summon sif?
#8RuneMaster no2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 1:53:38 AM
Sif's summon sign is in the actual battle. He doesn't really do much.

I'm about 20 tries in and I still can't do it. Sometimes the battle ends in 3 seconds. It took me one try to kill Gwyn. This is unbelievable.
---
#9Exalted_O_N_EPosted 8/25/2012 2:43:33 AM
Ok, I just beat Manus.

IDK if your character/build can pull this off but what I did was I just backpedaled with my shield up around the edge of the arena.

I'd attack when he puts his big shadow hand down block/dodge everything else.