Xbox 360 controller problem (start=heavy attack?)

#1IvyiPosted 8/25/2012 11:52:22 AM
hay there, been playin this game since yesterday and i only had a ps2 controller so i used that one. only problem i had was the camera movement were wierd as hell(like every windows game you play with a ps2 controller), i tried using some tools (xpadder/motionjoysomething) but non really worked, but everything else worked fine...

anyway i got a 360 controller today, hooked it up started the game and what do i get? RB and LB are now moving the camera around, the X is the A button, RT is normal attack and FREAKING START button is the heavy attack....no fun...no fun at all...xD
installes the programmm(english word? =S) for the controller, restarted PC and still same problem..PLEASE HELP =(
...well at least right stick moves the cmera correctly now...xD

oh and second question...anyone here know how to change the language?

PS: windows 7 and steam edition
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/25/2012 11:54:40 AM
You can alter the camera inversion in the menu. That should fix the issues with the PS2 controller.
However, since you can't remap your controls, you're pretty well boned for control config issues.

Normally, I'd recommend x360CE, but it doesn't work with this game.(for some stupid reason)
---
Gamers: We want better performance in Dark Souls! PC Port plx!
FromSoft: So you want framerate issues on PC?! OK!
#3Ivyi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 12:00:11 PM
im using an oficial controller (at least xbo nd windows were on the package) and the remapping (though i havent tried) wont work since they will only invert the axis, but my axis were shifted, so left was up, up was right.....=S
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/25/2012 12:02:49 PM
Wow, that's pretty wonky.

Try unplugging the controller, turning the computer off, plugging the controller in, turning it back on, and then launching the game. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling with the controller plugged in.
And, of course, unplug the other controller.
---
#5AtmaWeaponXPosted 8/25/2012 12:09:44 PM
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

Download this.
Place it in Dark Souls directory.
Open it.
Plug in your controller.
Configure.
???
Prepare to Die!
---
Jolly Cooperation!
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/25/2012 12:12:06 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
You can alter the camera inversion in the menu. That should fix the issues with the PS2 controller.
However, since you can't remap your controls, you're pretty well boned for control config issues.

Normally, I'd recommend x360CE, but it doesn't work with this game.(for some stupid reason)

---
#7SquidpufferPosted 8/25/2012 12:31:26 PM
I had the exact same issue a while back, I can't remember exactly what I did but make sure to unplug all your controllers and gamepads, then uninstall motionjoy and disable the drivers. Restart your computer and plug the 360 controller back in and hopefully it will reinstall the drivers for it. That about covers it.
---
PSN is Squidpuffer. Gamertag is Herka Derka.
http://g.bf3stats.com/360/3FLa01Pg/Herka%20Derka.png
#8Ivyi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 12:33:19 PM
hehehe CE stands for controller emulator, someone has to tell me...but i too know now that it doesnt work...but gonna fav it if i need it later...xD

im just go in the corner and cry now, deinstalled the other emulators, reinstalled, unlugged, restarted, nothing...controller works fine, why doesnt the game recognize it =(

steam forum didnt help either, someone had the same problem but the 2pages of answers were just about how great their controller work...xD
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/25/2012 12:40:53 PM
Welcome to Dark Souls PC Community. We either hate you for being different, or just don't care!
---
#10SquidpufferPosted 8/25/2012 12:42:04 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I have faith that if you try hard enough to find a solution you will. Good luck.
---
PSN is Squidpuffer. Gamertag is Herka Derka.
http://g.bf3stats.com/360/3FLa01Pg/Herka%20Derka.png