Soul farming

#1Shae_WeberPosted 8/27/2012 7:55:40 PM
Is there anywhere to farm souls in the ptd edition? I've never done it before.

Thanks!
#2MwulfPosted 8/27/2012 7:58:47 PM
CheatEngine/trainers. I'd actually recommend 'em over the more common farming methods, which can get quite tedious.

As for the "legit" methods, there's the forest farming trick (something like 12,000 souls every 20 seconds), and at lower ability levels Undead Asylum (revisited) farming. Those are the two main methods I remember.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#3fisheye11Posted 8/27/2012 8:21:55 PM
the first way is the dragon bridge. from the first bonfire at the burg, climb the short cut ladder and make a quick run to the bridge and turn around and go back down the steps. the dragon will see you and blow fire. this will net you 555 souls each run.

the forest area is much better. you will need 20,000 souls to buy a seal(key) to open a door. in that area you can lure any where from 3 to 4 NPC's off a cliff. this can net you 8000 souls per run. or as little as 2000 if the NPC's get diverted or flat out looses intrest. find a video on you tube showing the route to aggro the NPC's and where to stand to make them jump off the cliff.
---
This is more fun than chucking rocks at signs!
#4AtmaWeaponXPosted 8/27/2012 8:25:10 PM
Mwulf posted...
CheatEngine/trainers. I'd actually recommend 'em over the more common farming methods, which can get quite tedious.

As for the "legit" methods, there's the forest farming trick (something like 12,000 souls every 20 seconds), and at lower ability levels Undead Asylum (revisited) farming. Those are the two main methods I remember.

You remember an exploit, suggest cheating, and are bad
---
Jolly Cooperation!
#5valkod23Posted 8/27/2012 8:35:03 PM
Mwulf posted...

Wow, why not just tell the guy to give himself max stats at SL1 and 99 Titanite slabs?
---
PSN: Valkod
Playing Dark Souls and Baldur's Gate Trilogy right now.
#6MwulfPosted 8/27/2012 8:46:22 PM
...I'm sorry, but if you're trying to say repeating the same simple task several hundred or thousand times over is preferable to doing it a handful of times and then tweaking a file, I'm afraid YOU are the one who needs to defend YOUR position.

I spend hundreds of hours farming souls on the PS3. I'd have to be brain-damaged to want to repeat that process on the PC. And how is that different from giving yourself hacked stats? Do I really have to explain? One gives you an unfair advantage, the other saves you some time.

But, by all means, try and frame the argument that taking advantage of the game's AI and glitches is somehow "not cheating," when the idea with soul farming in the first place is to circumvent the natural flow of the game.

So, I repeat, if you feel the need to farm souls, just use a trainer or something and save yourself some time. You can get all the souls you need to upgrade weapons quite easily through the course of normal play, so the only possible reason to farm souls is to grind soul levels out of the misguided notion that your SL effects your abilities to any worthwhile extent.

Dark Souls is a game dependent almost entirely on player skill. Or did you all forget that?
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#7HungryDogPosted 8/27/2012 8:50:55 PM
Dark Anor Londo............

Kill the 2 Darkmoon guards in the main boss hall then homeward bone back to the Chamber of the Princess bonfire to respawn them again, rinse and repeat, get around 15,000 every 25-30 seconds.
---
http://gavade.deviantart.com/
#8XxLogeexXPosted 8/27/2012 8:53:16 PM
But it is also a GAME, if your going to cheat to get everything, then whats the point in playing?
#9ChaosbringerXPosted 8/27/2012 9:10:16 PM
HungryDog posted...
Dark Anor Londo............

Kill the 2 Darkmoon guards in the main boss hall then homeward bone back to the Chamber of the Princess bonfire to respawn them again, rinse and repeat, get around 15,000 every 25-30 seconds.

You tried this on the PC version? When I killed them, they didn't respawn, unlike the console versions.
#10maliceinaholePosted 8/27/2012 9:18:00 PM
Wow, I can't wait to get to level 120, only thing I gotta do is is farm these SAME 2 bad dudes for the next 374637463 hours, woo hoo, WHAT?! there's a trainer that will let me skip this bull**** and save me hours of a headache and possibly a drunken stupor?!
... I DONT THINK SO I'd rather see my mother gangbanged on the chinese black market than have my diginity and pride stripped from me!