How do I get my PS3 controller to work with this?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  3. How do I get my PS3 controller to work with this?
4 years ago#1
Works just fine with my other games I use it for on Steam, such as Psychonauts, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything on Dark Souls.
"I have Vanquish platinum which makes me more skilled than most of you so suck a fart out my ass"-the_great_tidus
-NGW- (King of NGG)
4 years ago#2
1. Google motionjoy.
2. Download and install it.
3. Set the program to emulate xbox controller.

This game is a 360 port, and has no support for any other gamepad than a 360 controller.
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
4 years ago#3
I already have my PS3 controller set to work with games on my PC though, hell I think it is even via motionjoy. It's just this that it doesn't want to work with.

And I know I've seen other people using PS3 controllers with the PC version, ENB does.
"I have Vanquish platinum which makes me more skilled than most of you so suck a fart out my ass"-the_great_tidus
-NGW- (King of NGG)
4 years ago#4
the_NGW posted...
I already have my PS3 controller set to work with games on my PC though, hell I think it is even via motionjoy. It's just this that it doesn't want to work with.

And I know I've seen other people using PS3 controllers with the PC version, ENB does.

Set the program to emulate xbox controller.
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
4 years ago#5
Alright, so my controller is working but the key bindings are..off. Circle is acting as X, start isn't doing anything, etc.
-NGW- (King of NGG)
4 years ago#6
Configure it in Motioninjoy, though mine worked fine right off the bat. If the controller doesn't work at all, do this:

1. Make sure you have the latest Motioninjoy
2. Unplug other input devices, like the mouse.

Works great.
4 years ago#7
Alright, so my controller is working but the key bindings are..off. Circle is acting as X, start isn't doing anything, etc.

Did you set it to emulate a 360 controller?
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
4 years ago#8
OrangeWizard posted...

Yep. And all the buttons are responsive on the test on motionjoy, they just aren't working the way that they should be in-game.
-NGW- (King of NGG)
4 years ago#9
the_NGW posted...
OrangeWizard posted...

Yep. And all the buttons are responsive on the test on motionjoy, they just aren't working the way that they should be in-game.

I had that problem at first then I mapped every key to the correct Ps3 button using xpadder.

However Checking the emulate xbox controller box in motion joy usually eliminates the need to map each key.
I own the $5m penthouse and the lambo and you have nothing. And I punch you in the face and you start crying.- Supergreat
4 years ago#10
Ended up having to find my original dualshock 3, it worked just fine then. Ah well, wanted to find the thing anyways so gave me a good excuse to look.

Now if only the game didn't chug quite so bad at 1920x1200 on my PC X_x
-NGW- (King of NGG)
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  3. How do I get my PS3 controller to work with this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived