How do I get my PS3 controller to work with this?

#1the_NGWPosted 9/15/2012 6:16:12 PM
Works just fine with my other games I use it for on Steam, such as Psychonauts, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything on Dark Souls.
---
"I have Vanquish platinum which makes me more skilled than most of you so suck a fart out my ass"-the_great_tidus
-NGW- (King of NGG)
#2aiiirikPosted 9/15/2012 6:20:07 PM(edited)
1. Google motionjoy.
2. Download and install it.
3. Set the program to emulate xbox controller.

This game is a 360 port, and has no support for any other gamepad than a 360 controller.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#3the_NGW(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 6:24:18 PM
I already have my PS3 controller set to work with games on my PC though, hell I think it is even via motionjoy. It's just this that it doesn't want to work with.

And I know I've seen other people using PS3 controllers with the PC version, ENB does.
---
"I have Vanquish platinum which makes me more skilled than most of you so suck a fart out my ass"-the_great_tidus
-NGW- (King of NGG)
#4aiiirikPosted 9/15/2012 6:38:36 PM
the_NGW posted...
I already have my PS3 controller set to work with games on my PC though, hell I think it is even via motionjoy. It's just this that it doesn't want to work with.

And I know I've seen other people using PS3 controllers with the PC version, ENB does.

Set the program to emulate xbox controller.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#5the_NGW(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 11:16:33 PM
Alright, so my controller is working but the key bindings are..off. Circle is acting as X, start isn't doing anything, etc.
---
-NGW- (King of NGG)
#6KGhaleonPosted 9/15/2012 11:18:58 PM
Configure it in Motioninjoy, though mine worked fine right off the bat. If the controller doesn't work at all, do this:

1. Make sure you have the latest Motioninjoy
2. Unplug other input devices, like the mouse.

Works great.
#7OrangeWizardPosted 9/15/2012 11:21:14 PM
Alright, so my controller is working but the key bindings are..off. Circle is acting as X, start isn't doing anything, etc.

Did you set it to emulate a 360 controller?
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
#8the_NGW(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 11:26:01 PM
OrangeWizard posted...

Yep. And all the buttons are responsive on the test on motionjoy, they just aren't working the way that they should be in-game.
---
-NGW- (King of NGG)
#9p06111981Posted 9/16/2012 12:58:20 AM
the_NGW posted...
OrangeWizard posted...

Yep. And all the buttons are responsive on the test on motionjoy, they just aren't working the way that they should be in-game.

I had that problem at first then I mapped every key to the correct Ps3 button using xpadder.

However Checking the emulate xbox controller box in motion joy usually eliminates the need to map each key.
---
I own the $5m penthouse and the lambo and you have nothing. And I punch you in the face and you start crying.- Supergreat
#10the_NGW(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 2:05:10 AM
Ended up having to find my original dualshock 3, it worked just fine then. Ah well, wanted to find the thing anyways so gave me a good excuse to look.

Now if only the game didn't chug quite so bad at 1920x1200 on my PC X_x
---
-NGW- (King of NGG)