What weapon makes the best divine weapon, stat-wise?

#1stickdude0Posted 9/16/2012 7:00:53 PM
Just about to head into the Catacombs, and I'm wondering what weapon I should build up to divine? I've been using spears for the most part, so as far as my play-style goes, I'm leaning toward making a divine spear. But I'm flexible, I don't mind using long swords or two handers, as I've used them back in my Demons Souls days.

Just wanted to hear a few opinions before I go for it myself.
---
Nineball: Commencing hostilities since 1997.
#2the_NGWPosted 9/16/2012 7:02:41 PM
Honestly you don't really need it, just kill the necromancers and the skeletons won't respawn. And there are no necromancers down in the Tomb of the Giants to worry about. And the skeletons in the Nito fight tend to get killed by Nito often enough to not matter either.

That said, if you really feel like you need a divine weapon, well what does your build look like? You say you favor spears, but is your character actually specialized in dexterity?
---
"I have Vanquish platinum which makes me more skilled than most of you so suck a fart out my ass"-the_great_tidus
-NGW- (King of NGG)
#3IFDragonPosted 9/16/2012 7:04:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4stickdude0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 7:10:55 PM
the_NGW posted...
Honestly you don't really need it, just kill the necromancers and the skeletons won't respawn. And there are no necromancers down in the Tomb of the Giants to worry about. And the skeletons in the Nito fight tend to get killed by Nito often enough to not matter either.

That said, if you really feel like you need a divine weapon, well what does your build look like? You say you favor spears, but is your character actually specialized in dexterity?

I'm not getting into details, but yes, foremost a DEX build.
---
Nineball: Commencing hostilities since 1997.
#5ravagglePosted 9/16/2012 7:12:01 PM
Any weapon is fine if you want to make it divine. The skeletons don't have a bunch of HP so they aren't too rough to take down. I made a crappy divine claw and it was fine. You can just run to the necros but I always found it to be easier and safer just to take the skeletons out as you go.
#6ExplosPlanktonPosted 9/16/2012 7:14:19 PM
Downgrade the occult club you find in anor londo to a divine club +5. Ive always found that to be more than enough and saves you the trouble of making a divine weapon yourself.
#7tinyjotunPosted 9/16/2012 7:28:32 PM
While I am no expert on stats, I'm really fond of my Divine Halberd. I am also using a faith build, which kind of makes a difference for these kinds of weapons, as during NG+, going to make an Occult Halberd to see how much better it would be.
#8BlocktopusPosted 9/16/2012 7:54:13 PM
You can perma-kill skeletons with the silver knight spear.
---
Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!
#9ThrosorPosted 9/16/2012 10:09:19 PM
I used a divine spear, wished I went with a divine halberd.
---
GT & Steam: TheActionAss
Secretly the King of Bees.
#10hikaru_beoulvePosted 9/16/2012 10:33:12 PM
Grant. Best weapon in the game that deals Divine damage.
---
Chaos Pudding(!!!!!)
Summa Crossroads: www.summaxr.com