Having problems getting invaded

#1Tsukoyomi1Posted 10/3/2012 8:04:59 AM
Ok so I can invade people no problem and summoning works about 50% of the time too which I guess is normal for the game.
I can also be summoned without any issue, but over the 150 hours I have played this on PC so far I have only been invaded like five times. The character I made yesterday is now parked in the Parish as sort of an anti-twink and I see lots of fog doors going up but noone ever comes in except one guy who managed to do it and had full Giant's Set on with Great Combustion spam. I beat that guy quiet easily but I want to fight more of those guys and this is making it quite difficult.

As far as I'm aware I have forwarded all ports, even disabled my router's firewall, UPnP is enabled and NAT is open. The only thing I have not done is turn off my Windows firewall and antivirus program because I don't really want to just to play Dark Souls.

Any tips are welcome, thanks. :)
---
Playing: Faster than Light, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Guild Wars 2
#2Alucard188Posted 10/3/2012 8:06:42 AM
Spam dried finger.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
#3PimpiiPosted 10/3/2012 8:15:06 AM
I've got the same problem. Forwarded all ports, Open NAT, no problems invading, but getting invaded is very rare.

I did get invaded @ Parish with some regularity when I was Gravelording. Due to the constant Dried Finger effect, I suppose? But even then, I'd still get a lot of fog gates appearing and disappearing.

Basically the only thing that works well (for me) is invading. Summoning others, getting summoned, or getting invaded don't work half as well. And summon signs disappear so quickly. I seriously had a Dragon sign appear today for exactly one second before it went again.
#4Tsukoyomi1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 9:04:03 AM
Alucard188 posted...
Spam dried finger.

Don't have it yet. Only did everything I could to get a good set-up before the Gargoyles.
---
#5PetphotPosted 10/3/2012 9:43:42 AM
Pimpii posted...

Basically the only thing that works well (for me) is invading. Summoning others, getting summoned, or getting invaded don't work half as well. And summon signs disappear so quickly. I seriously had a Dragon sign appear today for exactly one second before it went again.

This is because idiots keep replanting their signs, not realizing that it makes people trying to summon them fail, and makes their signs go schizophrenic.
---
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.
#6Foxhound3857Posted 10/3/2012 10:51:53 AM
To me it feels like the game is already dying. My Lv25 never gets summoned at the gate before Capra Demon anymore, and one of my 50's never gets summoned in Sen's or Anor Londo. Hell, even pulling off an invasion is rare for me.

Is this game losing players already?
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#7jeremy21642Posted 10/3/2012 11:07:48 AM
Don't have the dried finger?

Want to reset your invasion timer?

Then "Quit Game" is the product for you!

Simply apply "Quit Game", then load your file and VOILA you will be able to be invaded in no time!

"Quit Game" can be yours for only three easy payments of 0,000.00! WOW!

So don't delay, call today and enjoy the many tears that will flow from your victims as they discover that 2handing a lighting Zwei and spamming r1 aint gonna cut it this time!
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die" - H.P Lovecraft
#8Tsukoyomi1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 2:34:54 PM
Hmm well this is quite a shame.
I have been sitting in the Parish for an hour now and nothing has happened at all, not even failed invasion attempts. It's even a national holiday here today so I was expecting someone to be there. Might as well only try on weekends cause it seems not a lot of people play right now.
---