Does your Rep affect online play?

#1prinnyxxPosted 10/4/2012 8:24:46 PM
i started with 3 stars, and now it is 2 stars. all i did was teaching newbies on how to deal with pursuers spell in blighttown and sen's fortress.

one of them, probably his 3rd build or something showed me how to deal with that spell. i was impressed on how he did it.

anyhow, lately i have been getting a lot of "failed to invade" message. i wonder if it has something to do with it.
#2TheBlobZPosted 10/4/2012 10:34:01 PM
I have less than half a star, and I've had no problems until recently. I think there is another factor giving people problems right now.
#3LoshadtPosted 10/4/2012 10:49:50 PM
As far as I'm aware, Rep has no mechanical influence. It's an incredibly flawed system though, and usually better player (or expert trolls) end up with lower reps.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#4Foxhound3857Posted 10/4/2012 10:50:00 PM
Make sure your NAT type says Open in Network Settings. If it says Moderate or Strict, that's your problem.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#5Fo_lc_usPosted 10/4/2012 11:02:32 PM
Try to get summoned (as a red or white, whatever).

Invades seem pretty gimped at times, either there's no one on when I'm on or something.

Red summons were good though, for some odd reason.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#6VerperlungPosted 10/5/2012 12:25:49 AM
I also wonder HOW others may rate you or how one is able to rate another...?
Guess it's something only gold members are able to do.

There are so many people I would like to rate for being nice or cheating.
---
Cynicism - My Armour; Sarcasm - My Shield; Irony - My Sword
#7prinnyxx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 11:03:27 AM(edited)
^you don't have to be a gold member.

click on players tab, click on their name and go from there.

from what i understand it is also the only way to block players. although it does not working very well for me. i invaded a gravelord servant with infinite hp 4 times in a row, and i blocked him on the first encounter.