So, looks like I need to completely remake my PvP character.

#1Foxhound3857Posted 10/7/2012 1:15:29 AM(edited)
I'm making the transition from training wheels to no handlebars by giving up my "Fashion Souls" mindset and my BSS and instead taking a more optimized approach, and learning the ways of the SKS so I can hang tough with the big boys.

Since SKS cannot be blade buffed, a 30-faith build is no longer going to work for me, so I'm instead going to try a pyromancer approach. This is what I've got so far.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4385988275013680

Still 8 SL's to tinker with before I hit my 122 cap. Equipment is optimized to reach the 21-poise softcap for 1h light weapons while retaining the flip.

From this day I swear myself to learn and obey under the tutelage of Dex_Pyro and master the art of Longspearing. If you will have me as your apprentice, I will humbly accept.

Okay, cheesy, I know, but I'm serious. My Darkmoon was fun and dandy for a while but after learning from the pros here and dueling with some finer players, I learned that it's not nearly as optimized as it should be, so this time I'm going to do it right, with Dex_Pyro helping me each step of the journey.

Will you teach me, Master Dex?

P.S: Chunhwa, I have a nice little present for you in a couple of days. Stay tuned.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#2Dex_PyromaniacPosted 10/7/2012 1:22:39 AM
LMAO

Im honored bro srs

As for longspearing, I said pretty much all there is to say about them in the fight club thread, but as for actual practical 'pvp lessons', sure ill give you a few and then we can have some matches as well

Concerning your build, just use havels gaunts and hollow legs for optimal poise, or giants legs+arms for better defense+poise for more weight.

Also drop the shield in favor of less weight, and use mask of child instead of mom so you still have the extra regen

Well, thats about it really.
---
GT - TroubledSpade87
#3PetphotPosted 10/7/2012 1:31:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4FafnirPosted 10/7/2012 2:07:10 AM
Hey, nothing wrong with BSS. That's a fine ass weapon. SKS isn't a bad alternative though, that's for certain.

If you're willing to drop your shield, I know that you can get at least to the next poise breakpoint. It's worth considering, since a lot of people will probably be 2-handing their weapons anyway.
---
Gamefaqs mods are fair and knowledgable. Failure to accept this fact will result in immediate suspension with no review.
#5Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:35:20 AM
Master Dex has me in Mask of Child, Havels gaunts, and eastern legs. I look sexy and have 31 poise.
---
#6DracuifyPosted 10/7/2012 8:57:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Timbo418Posted 10/7/2012 3:51:14 PM
Playing against Dex would leave me traumatized.
---
"If you're a Mass Effect fan then you have to be one of the biggest Hippocrates on earth. Have fun." - jnblz316
#8Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 3:55:04 PM
He kicked my butt pretty bad last night, but he also taught me a lot of interesting little tactics that I got to successfully put to good use against a few burg tosspots, and I'm starting to catch on to his tricks.
---
#9Cvdf3Posted 10/7/2012 3:59:54 PM
BSS is one of the most purely functional weapons in game...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#10LoshadtPosted 10/7/2012 4:10:09 PM
BSS is one of the most purely functional weapons in game...

How? I mean isn't it basically just a longsword with a thrusting R2 attack? That seems a bit dramatic.

Aside from that, I personally prefer to go with complete sets of armor and gear that doesn't look ridiculous with it. I've never cared much for duels since they're absolutely boring.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.