Any mods to fix framerate?

#1teirPosted 7/25/2013 7:42:07 PM
The framerate is the worst thing about this game. There is no excuse for it to be this bad. I get the same exact drops as I did with the 360 version. This is what is currently destroying my experience in Blighttown for me. This seems to be the most difficult part about this. Is there anything that I can do about the low fps or do I just have to deal with it? Like this, Blighttown is damn near unplayable.
#2RuneMaster no2Posted 7/25/2013 7:52:01 PM
Nope. The game is just that poorly optimized.
---
One decade on Gfaqs and counting.
#3Lucavi000Posted 7/25/2013 7:55:23 PM
I get 30 FPS everywhere (without uncapping FPS), what kind of CPU/GPU do you have.
---
i dont play singleplayer games too much. I beat it then quit it, like my exgirlfriends. -- Little Zardar
#4teir(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 7:58:33 PM
Lucavi000 posted...
I get 30 FPS everywhere (without uncapping FPS), what kind of CPU/GPU do you have.

AMD fx something at 4ghz and geforce 670 gtx but I think this is irrelevant considering the frame rate drops in the Exact same places as it does with the 360 version. For example when the hellkite on the bridge breaths fire, the framerate drops to about 15 fps.
#5MichellangeloPosted 7/25/2013 8:36:26 PM
Are you using DSFix?

I'm using it now but I still had problems initially. I followed some of the tips here:

http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900321

I had crappy framerate everywhere and even worse if I'd sit down at the bonfire and that smoke effect appeared.

Very noobish but part of my problem was I had my settings a bit too high, my DOF needed to be lower than my rendering resolution, and then I needed to create a profile for my ATI graphics card to prioritize the DarkSouls.exe/Data.exe since apparently the game doesn't utilize the hardware like its supposed to.

Anyways I hope that at least sends you on the right track. I haven't been to Blightown yet so I can't say for certain if it'll help there. I'm up to the Gargoyles at the Parish and it's all been good so far.
#6BogePosted 7/26/2013 11:13:30 AM(edited)
teir posted...
Lucavi000 posted...

AMD fx something at 4ghz and geforce 670 gtx but I think this is irrelevant considering the frame rate drops in the Exact same places as it does with the 360 version. For example when the hellkite on the bridge breaths fire, the framerate drops to about 15 fps.

I have a 3570K overclocked to 4.4 and a 670. For the most part, I get a steady 30fps (capped) or 60fps if I want it. There are a couple of places I've seen that have FPS issues though, like fighting the scaleless dragon, or sometimes in the lava zone. But they've been too few to really complain.

I'm not sure why it's such an issue with you, but I hope you can figure it out. If you haven't checked, be sure to get DSfix. It's a godsend for this game. Blighttown at 60fps will make you throw your 360/PS3 version away.

(WARNING: Playing at 60fps can cause some issues. Rolling and jumping don't quite work the same. The distances are less, so some jumps are much more difficult at 60fps than 30. You might also fall through the floor when fast sliding down a ladder. For these reasons, I choose to play at 30fps.)
---
There is a reason why we learned to spell and punctuate when we were five years old.