Next gen xbox launchgame would be awsome, not 360...

#1dasdahdingPosted 4/25/2012 12:02:35 AM

This game should come out as a launchgame for next gen consoles, not on 360 and ps3.

It could have full direct x11 features and the graphics would be closer to the vision of crytek then the 360/ps3 can produce.

#2majormPosted 4/25/2012 5:29:23 AM
If the next gen console is anywhere close to coming out, I'd agree with you completely. But we don't know for sure we'll even see a new console from Sony or MS next year.

But this sure would be the game to showcase the graphical power that we should be able to expect from the next gen systems.
---
Five million Cybermen, no problem. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#3specialkid8Posted 4/25/2012 6:50:34 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11526-Pre-Owned-Block-in-Next-Gen-Consoles--That-Would-be--Awesome---says-Crytek.html

I find this relevant and slightly disturbing.
#4majormPosted 4/26/2012 4:13:43 AM
^^^Yeah, no surprise game devs would love to see the end of pre-owned game sales.

I have to say, it does kind of suck that they make nothing off their game if it's sold used. That's what should probably change. The game maker should get some kind of cut of pre-owned sales. I mean Gamestop makes money off the game twice, why shouldn't the guys who make the game?
---
#5Spartan_418Posted 4/26/2012 1:26:40 PM

Yeah I sort of agree, I'll probably still buy Crysis 3 but it doesn't look like a full-fledged sequel, it looks like an expansion to Crysis 2. Same engine, same HUD, some of the same weapons, reused enemy types, reused animations, etc. 

Crysis 2 shared some of the same gameplay ideas as Crysis 1, but it was a completely new game, every part of it was built from scratch. Crysis 3 looks like they're just reusing a lot of the same assets from 2.

They should have waited 3 or 4 years for the next generation of consoles and for CryEngine 4 to have been created. Perhaps there's still a chance of seeing Crysis 4 on next-gen, but they've talked about how Crysis 3 will be the "conclusion to the Crysis trilogy".

#6sk00pPosted 4/26/2012 1:56:51 PM
majorm posted...
^^^Yeah, no surprise game devs would love to see the end of pre-owned game sales.

I have to say, it does kind of suck that they make nothing off their game if it's sold used. That's what should probably change. The game maker should get some kind of cut of pre-owned sales. I mean Gamestop makes money off the game twice, why shouldn't the guys who make the game?

They made money selling the game.

F*** Crytek and F*** consoles if they do this crap.

All this will cause is people to chip there consoles and play pirate copies which I will approve off.

If this happens once you buy a game the value would drop by 100%.
If I buy a car and sell the car do the people I bought the car off deserve some of the money no.
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
#7majormPosted 4/26/2012 3:42:11 PM
sk00p posted...
majorm posted...

They made money selling the game.

F*** Crytek and F*** consoles if they do this crap.

All this will cause is people to chip there consoles and play pirate copies which I will approve off.

If this happens once you buy a game the value would drop by 100%.
If I buy a car and sell the car do the people I bought the car off deserve some of the money no.

Well, nice attitude. I'd rather see the game maker make a little something off the pre-owned sales than not be able to play used games in my new console that's for sure.

And again, my point is it costs more to make games now than it did six or seven years ago, but the devs aren't allowed to raise the game price of the game. That would cause an uproar. You probably cry and moan because they charge for DLC. They need to make money too dude or there won't be any games eventually.
---
#8RazorX3Posted 5/3/2012 4:54:30 PM
majorm posted...
sk00p posted...
majorm posted...
And again, my point is it costs more to make games now than it did six or seven years ago, but the devs aren't allowed to raise the game price of the game. That would cause an uproar. You probably cry and moan because they charge for DLC. They need to make money too dude or there won't be any games eventually.

I never thought I'd say this in my entire existence, but this world would probably be better off with no more video game production than having to put up with stupid crap consoles that can't even play a pre owned video game!
---
Ninja Gaiden is quite possibly the greatest game ever to be brought back"
# of people who agree: 15
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 5/15/2012 2:17:05 AM
If it beats those lame online passes and day one DLC BS, then I am perfectly fine with used game block. Although this means we would need more offline demos someway.
---
My The Witcher 2 EE GameFAQs Review:
http://tinyurl.com/cpmywl5
#10mastercheeze313Posted 5/15/2012 3:45:47 PM
Wow, Devs have reached a new level in stupidity. Just go to court for the right to profit from pre-owned games. Otherwise five months later Crysis 3 is off the market due to it being impossible to find a "new" copy of the game. Besides, it's way past due for karma to bite Gamestop in the ass.
---
Whats a signature?