Did anyone else notice this in the ending scene.

#1CrankyCrabPosted 3/2/2013 11:07:31 PM
Did anyone else noticed that it was the same dock as the very first dock/boathouse you come across as Nomad in the first Crysis? Right after coming out of the trees at the top of the hill overlooking it? (Same angle as where the camera moves to.)
#2specialkid8Posted 3/3/2013 5:43:23 AM
Wasn't Ling Shan destroyed?
#3CrankyCrab(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:24:27 AM
Could just be an homage then, or that single part of the island wasn't destroyed. There is some sense in making Prophet go back to the place where this all started (or somewhere that resembles it).

I don't personally remember Lingshan being destroyed, since you still see it intact as Nomad at the end of Crysis and as Psycho at the end of Crysis Warhead (I'm pretty sure, been a LONG time since I played the first game and it's expansion all the way to the end).

I remember thinking at the end scene that, "He can't just have shown up at Lingshan..." but, then I saw the dockhouse...

If Lingshan was destroyed and I'm just not remembering, it could just have been made to resemble that part. I mean, it's strikingly similar.
#4specialkid8Posted 3/3/2013 11:12:27 AM
I tried looking it up because I didn't really remember either. It doesn't look like it was destroyed. Maybe it just seems like something that likely would have happened. Everything is always destroyed at the end of games. I thought it was Ling Shan at the end as well, but I wasn't sure.
#5AshernedPosted 3/3/2013 10:34:40 PM
specialkid8 posted...

Alcatraz said Lingshan was destroyed during the Crysis 2 novelization, "Legion."

But Crytek ignored Legion when they made Crysis 3. I mean, for one thing, Alcatraz is alive and well at the end of the novel. Crysis 3, he's nowhere to be found.
#6CrankyCrab(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:37:02 PM
Asherned posted...
specialkid8 posted...

Alcatraz said Lingshan was destroyed during the Crysis 2 novelization, "Legion."

But Crytek ignored Legion when they made Crysis 3. I mean, for one thing, Alcatraz is alive and well at the end of the novel. Crysis 3, he's nowhere to be found.

Well... in Crysis 3....

*Spoilers ahead - no idea how to do that blank out thing*

Prophet's mind within the nanosuit has taken over Alcatraz's body. That's what they mean when they say things like "And even when flesh has worn out... You just replace it." or whatever.
#7AshernedPosted 3/3/2013 11:05:49 PM
CrankyCrab posted...
Asherned posted...
specialkid8 posted...

Well... in Crysis 3....

Prophet's mind within the nanosuit has taken over Alcatraz's body. That's what they mean when they say things like "And even when flesh has worn out... You just replace it." or whatever.

I know, but at the end of Legion, you could TELL it was actually Alcatraz and not Prophet.

The character speaking at the end of Legion spoke in a completely different style of dialogue than Prophet. Just reading the text, you could see it was a young man (most likely early 20s) who enjoyed pop culture and swore a LOT. That is completely contrary to Prophet's personality.
#8koichiPosted 3/4/2013 1:05:46 AM
Asherned posted...
CrankyCrab posted...
Asherned posted...
specialkid8 posted...

Well... in Crysis 3....

I know, but at the end of Legion, you could TELL it was actually Alcatraz and not Prophet.

The character speaking at the end of Legion spoke in a completely different style of dialogue than Prophet. Just reading the text, you could see it was a young man (most likely early 20s) who enjoyed pop culture and swore a LOT. That is completely contrary to Prophet's personality.

Doesnt mean much. Authors and game companies are not known to be on the same page when it comes to characters.

Karen travis portrayed dom getting over maria in the gears novel but in gears 3 its like he never moved on.

Then there was something in the newer Halo novels that conflicted with a characters personality that was already set in stone.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#9CrankyCrab(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:52:34 AM
Asherned posted...

Ahh, alright fair enough. I've never read that. How far before 3 does Legion take place?