They better add in Max Str and Max Speed again

#1EzethalPosted 4/25/2012 3:01:28 PM
They were in 1, but not 2, they better be in 3
#2ledgerewskiePosted 4/28/2012 4:43:59 PM
What would the point be? You can hold jump to do a strength jump, hold melee to do a heavy melee, and hold shift when aiming to use strength for aiming stability. In Crysis 1, you were really slow by default. In Crysis 2, you are much faster, and there's still a sprint option. Why make them separate powers?
#3billlabowskiPosted 4/29/2012 12:05:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4DontEatCreamPosted 4/29/2012 6:04:12 PM
Yeah man, they should make the suit controls as clunky and awkward as possible so we PC gamers can feel badass with our mouse/keyboard while those console peasants fumble awkwardly with their controllers.
---
Whoohoo!
#5ledgerewskiePosted 4/29/2012 6:06:18 PM
There's no need to be venomous about it. He said that strength and speed need to return as separate powers and I disagreed with him. In streamlining (I guess this is a bad word for some PC gamers) the powers, you can now, for instance, use armor in conjunction with strength mode. Or you can sprint while cloaked, or make large jumps while cloaked.

If you disagree with it, that's fine, but it would be more productive to say why, rather than insulting those who disagree.
#6billlabowskiPosted 4/30/2012 12:41:47 AM
ledgerewskie posted...
There's no need to be venomous about it. He said that strength and speed need to return as separate powers and I disagreed with him. In streamlining (I guess this is a bad word for some PC gamers) the powers, you can now, for instance, use armor in conjunction with strength mode. Or you can sprint while cloaked, or make large jumps while cloaked.

If you disagree with it, that's fine, but it would be more productive to say why, rather than insulting those who disagree.

You just don't know how to play the game so you reported me ahahaha.
#7WhySoLimpPosted 5/10/2012 9:22:13 PM
It worked fine in Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Not sure why they had to go and muck everything up in the "sequel."
#8IcyToastersPosted 5/10/2012 10:54:07 PM
I like having independent Strength and Speed modes, but the not-independent have a good function too.

It seemed like the Strength-punch in Crysis 2 drained a lot of energy compared to Crysis and Warhead (though it seemed more violent or strong).
So I guess I kind of miss being able to use Strength mode instead of the special melee takedowns, and because of that felt like I had more control in Crysis and Warhead with being seen while trying to do sneaky things.

Not having Speed mode (or at least how they did it) might've bugged me for a bit longer. Not being able to run at all when the suit was out of energy, and not being able to long-jump made me sad.
The Speed-runnning in Crysis 2 seemed slower, but I think I saw a video that showed that it really wasn't, so I donno on that.
It partially made up for it by having a slide-tackle ability though.
#9GoldninjaPosted 5/21/2012 7:52:42 AM(edited)
Speed mode is in Crysis 2. It's the default mode, like armor mode is in the first game. Nomad is slower than Alcatraz in every way until he uses speed mode and then it's about even. Yeah, it was cool to have as an option, but why would anyone want to move as a slug by default?

Strength mode, I kind of agree with. Sure, it's cool that we can strength jump on a whim now, but strength punching drains the energy dry and that kind of kills the fun. Combine that with not being able to use fists and that lessons the enjoyment a bit.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
Nobody dies a virgin. Life screws us all. - Miztic Gohan
#10IcyToastersPosted 5/26/2012 8:04:52 PM
Goldninja posted...
Speed mode is in Crysis 2. It's the default mode, like armor mode is in the first game. Nomad is slower than Alcatraz in every way until he uses speed mode and then it's about even. Yeah, it was cool to have as an option, but why would anyone want to move as a slug by default?

Strength mode, I kind of agree with. Sure, it's cool that we can strength jump on a whim now, but strength punching drains the energy dry and that kind of kills the fun. Combine that with not being able to use fists and that lessons the enjoyment a bit.

I still feel kind of sluggish in Crysis 2 compared to Crysis/Warhead.. But yeah, the default walking speed seems to get places faster (maybe it's because of the size of the levels?).

could it have anything to do with changing the field of view to ~75 when it's usually 55? maybe that warped my view? o;

Some kind of charging-strength mode along with the old type would be nice if it fit in. Being able to do the type of damage with your fists, but then charging it for cars and stuff.