How sad is it that these boards are this dead...

#1DetectivPenguinPosted 4/29/2012 5:28:14 PM
The game gets 9/10 from both ign and gamespot, i am an hour or 2 into it and its absolutely amazing, and yet these boards are totally dead. I can't remember the last time I felt like I saw really in the place the game is set in. The sound effects and the rustling bushes and everything despite how "bad" the graphics are, I can't remember the last time a game felt so real to me. Hope more people give this a shot. The soundtrack is unreal.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fyPeQ.jpg
That's Pennington, a train passenger. He SAYS he's a detective, but I don't know.. THANK YOU mariolover2 for the sig!
#2skunknutsPosted 5/6/2012 6:18:19 PM
Yeah agreed. I also love how the game is purposefully mysterious, making you discover on your own. Everything feels so mystical and unexplored - you can just feel the dew on the plants and the damp in the air. The hints are a little heavy handed at times, but the game is still very enjoyable though, especially if you're the creative type. If you buy through Steam, you even get the soundtrack included. Kick-ass bonus.
#3Dissius1Posted 5/7/2012 2:43:30 PM
I wouldn't go that far. But yeah the music and sounds definitely make the game. Last time I experienced this kind of immersion with sound alone was in the first portion of Secret of Evermore on the SNES. I think that says something...
---
Plain Ole Fox-Man
"Hate me, but do it honestly."