Kratos' default weapon

#1skatrx9349Posted 4/19/2012 7:50:50 AM
As this is a prequel to GoW it's easy to think Kratos won't have the Blades.

However, in the trailer at the end he is chained up then rips himself free. I could easily see them giving him a chained weapon similar to the Blades during the game and working them in decently. They could say Ares gave him the Blades in GoW because of Kratos' past experience with a similar weapon.

We know the Blades were forged in hell but they were created before the events in GoW (hence the harpies just fly them to Kratos). Is it possible that the Blades have been used by Kratos in the past (during his time serving this "other" good mentioned in the trailer)?

Thoughts..
#2Doubleglock18Posted 4/19/2012 8:39:25 AM
hmmm i thought the chains (when ares gave them to kratos) were supposed to show his bondage and servitude, a reminder of his place so to speak. they might be some kind of weapon though, i don't think most people slap swords on chains and tell you to go nuts. it isn't easy to use thats for sure. of course its a game so i'll accept w.e. explanation we get anyway
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#3GreenKnight127Posted 4/19/2012 8:41:22 AM
I could certainly see them doing exactly what you described.

Otherwise, it wouldn't be Kratos we are playing as.

Heck, he won't even have the pale skin, assuming his family is still alive throughout this game.

It would be extremely strange to be playing as a non-pale Kratos....with no magic powers at all....swinging around a standard Spartan sword. That would really annoy the fans.

I'm glad they are making another God of War game, this series is amazing....but yeah, I am very curious to see how they handle this....without it getting too bonkers.

Who could possibly be the villain? Where could they possibly take the story where it hasn't already gone before? What kind of weapons and spells could Kratos possibly use, considering that not long before the beginning of God of War 1....he was just a normal Spartan warrior?

There was that gigantic battle with the Barbarian monsters, where Kratos makes his deal with the God of War.......so would they make that the climax of the game?

I dunno. They'd have to polish the hell out of it....to make it climactic in any way. Because we already know about it. Been there, done that. Old news. Where's the next God for us to kill with our bare hands?

But you know what I'm the most worried about? And I can EASILY see them doing this.

Goin totally "meh" on the story for this game..............and going GUNG-HO with some new MULTIPLAYER aspect.

God of War!!!! WITH MULTIPLAYER THIS TIME!!!!

Gets everyone's attention.....and seems cool at first.....but then you realize they sacrificed the online for a crappy single-player campaign.
#4skatrx9349(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 8:48:53 AM
Honestly for the main villain, and tying into my theory about the blades, I could see the main villain being Hades.

I never played the PSP games and haven't played GoW3 in a while so I could be totally wrong. But from what I remember thinking while playing GoW3 it seems like Hades and Kratos have a TON of history between them.

In the teaser trailer Kratos is chained up (arms AND legs) in what looks like the bone pillars from Hades in the original GoW. If so, I could really see Hades being either the villain/the one influencing Kratos. The Cerberus in the trailer (hopefully the real one, the HUGE one) also points towards that as well.

I do think we'll have a form of the blades for at least part of this game. And the Blades were definitely forged before the time of the first GoW so it's definitely possible Hades had access to them or something.

In the end, the Blades, in some form, will be making a comeback in this game somehow.
#5bdj72Posted 4/19/2012 9:51:23 AM
skatrx9349 posted...
As this is a prequel to GoW it's easy to think Kratos won't have the Blades.

However, in the trailer at the end he is chained up then rips himself free. I could easily see them giving him a chained weapon similar to the Blades during the game and working them in decently. They could say Ares gave him the Blades in GoW because of Kratos' past experience with a similar weapon.

We know the Blades were forged in hell but they were created before the events in GoW (hence the harpies just fly them to Kratos). Is it possible that the Blades have been used by Kratos in the past (during his time serving this "other" good mentioned in the trailer)?

Thoughts..

According to the annoucement made this story is about Kratos before he sent on the journey for freedom and revenge so maybe they will have Kratos serving Ares but willingly and before his wide.child is killed? That would be a different story as we will see Kratos turn from a Spartan leader to the man who turned into The Ghost of Sparta. Doing it this way will allow Kratos to use the Blades of Chaos and we can see how Kratos was before he lost himself to revenge.
#6bdj72Posted 4/19/2012 9:54:36 AM
skatrx9349 posted...
Honestly for the main villain, and tying into my theory about the blades, I could see the main villain being Hades.

I never played the PSP games and haven't played GoW3 in a while so I could be totally wrong. But from what I remember thinking while playing GoW3 it seems like Hades and Kratos have a TON of history between them.

In the teaser trailer Kratos is chained up (arms AND legs) in what looks like the bone pillars from Hades in the original GoW. If so, I could really see Hades being either the villain/the one influencing Kratos. The Cerberus in the trailer (hopefully the real one, the HUGE one) also points towards that as well.

I do think we'll have a form of the blades for at least part of this game. And the Blades were definitely forged before the time of the first GoW so it's definitely possible Hades had access to them or something.

In the end, the Blades, in some form, will be making a comeback in this game somehow.

The issue Hades has with Kratos stems from GOW:COO game where Kratos kills his wife.
#7MrStarkillerPosted 4/19/2012 10:52:20 AM
I suspect we'll get them back quickly if not right away. Highly unlikely they'll wait till even halfway in. As for alternatives, AoS is an obvious call, but they loathe to repeat non-default weapons (even as bonuses they could have made for us to buy later). A sword/shield combo would best fit Captain Kratos from the cutscenes.

>chain weapon similar to them
No. I would be infuriated if they had the nerve to try a stunt like this.

>main villain
>someone we do not kill
What?

>bad blood
Hades was butthurt about Kratos saving everyone as explained by another. Hades took issue with use prior to CoO in the comics for another reason (BK related).

>arms and legs
They're just trying to be symbolic about his bondage.

>Cerberus
I still doubt they'll do it properly this time. Same for Stheno. One can hope.

>MP
Nope nope nope.
#8skatrx9349(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 11:01:15 AM
>MP
Nope nope nope.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/chars/char_8340.jpg