Place your bets now: They will be adding multiplayer in some way.

#1GreenKnight127Posted 4/19/2012 8:55:08 AM
I just have a feeling.

It seems to be a prequel (no solid confirmation really)....which, depending on how they present it....it might not get many people's attention. Old news.

But oh? What's this? They're adding multiplayer elements!?! Hmmm....*everyone runs out and buys it*

Engage in gigantic Spartan battles with Barbarian factions, and all kinds of madness!!! Epic!!!

One person on your team gets to play as Kratos, and your job is to keep him alive while the Barbarian team is doing the same for their Barbarian chief. Or something like that. Lots of people fighting on screen. Going nuts. I can really really really see them doing this. So many companies are jumping on the multiplayer bandwagon. And it would be a big surprise to find out there is "God of War online." I can see the promotions already.

Red Versus Blue!!!! Woooo!!! Barbarians vs. Spartans!!!! 100's of warriors on screen at any given time, no slow-down.......first team to annihilate the other team...wins.

But sadly, something tells me they will sacrifice a good single-player for the sake of the multiplayer.

So yeah. I'm calling it now. They are going to add multiplayer. Anyone else think they will do this?
#2skatrx9349Posted 4/19/2012 8:56:54 AM
Stop freaking out about multiplayer and posting it in multiple threads. They aren't going to have multiplayer.

IF they ever did they wouldn't sacrifice single-player game quality because they know that's their strength.

So QUIT YUR WHINING.
#3GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 8:59:29 AM
Haha, 2 posts in your language constitutes "posting it everywhere"

I think you are the one who needs to chill out.

I'm not whining. I'm just calling it early. And hoping they don't sacrifice a good single-player for the multiplayer.

You okay, bro? I'm here to talk if you need to.
#4ultimatedantePosted 4/19/2012 8:59:34 AM
hell no this is GOW there shouldn't be a multiplayer GO PLAY COD if u want multiplayer
---
"Though I encourage to Battle a being of such grand delusion as you is a sweet fortune"
"This party is getting crazy"
#5Doubleglock18Posted 4/19/2012 9:04:48 AM
what you posted, though you could have made it a little less trollish (clearly antagonizing the anti-multiplayer crowd), is a good idea for multiplayer. i would relish the idea of playing a regular solider trying to help kill the barbarian king or Kratos. unfortunately there aren't too many ways you can do multiplayer with a game like this.

everything pretty much boils down to massive battles. if the battles are too small, it isn't really epic. lag is also going to be a problem with the whole counters and such.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#6GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 9:06:41 AM
Bioshock 2 did it. Ninja Gaiden did it. Assassin's Creed did it. Uncharted did it. Metal Gear Solid did it. All the cool people are doing it.

Games start out as powerful single-player experiences.....and eventually, after a couple installments in the franchise, they ALWAYS go for multiplayer.

What will this be, the 7th God of War game? Yeah....it's past due. It's going to happen.
#7MrStarkillerPosted 4/19/2012 10:39:44 AM
>won't have MP
I doubt they'll pass on it again. They'll try to have something to show for failure to find a way with GoWIII. IF they're smart, they'll stand their ground as developers of an Action game and say it has no place in their 'story-driven' SP experience.

>won't cost SP
That's not true and we both know it.

~There is no love for such garbage among the veterans of the series.
#8GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 11:23:18 AM(edited)
They don't care about the veterans of the series. They care about money.

And multiplayer sells.

Well....they 'think' it sells anyway.

That's why so many developers are tacking it onto their games these days.

Hey, as long as the single-player is just as strong as any other God of War game, I could care less what they do.

I'm just calling it now. Because I've been a gamer for a long time now. I see patterns and trends. I will be back when the game is released. And thou shalt bow before my psychic glory.
#9mrplow8Posted 4/19/2012 11:29:31 AM
I wouldn't mind some sort of online versus mode where everyone makes their own Kratos and kills eachother, but I hope the main game stays single player.
#10Mr_ExArtsPosted 4/19/2012 12:24:05 PM
No multiplayer (more than likely)

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/19/sony-makes-god-of-war-ascension-official-lists-spring-2013-release-date/