Should've Been Kratos Vs. Christianity

#1MortimurPosted 4/19/2012 10:26:57 AM
Another prequel? Sony dropped the ball. After the hints in GoW2 with the "3 wise men headed to an unknown destiny" and the death of the gods of Rome in GoW3, they should have continued setting up the next step toward Kratos killing the Christian god.

Forget going after the Norse gods. Something very different and controversial (almost taboo) in todays society is needed. Though I left that faith as a teen about 20 years ago, I remember enough that would make an interesting game.

Kratos dies at the end of GoW3. Kratos goes before a light that judges him for his lack of faith in it. It punishes all non-believers into a firey pit it created called Hell. Kratos is now wronged by another god. He slaughters demons, angels and other creatures as he is found in the middle of a war between the opposing sides. Kratos slays them all. End it with Lucifer aiding Kratos to burn down their Heaven, but after Kratos kills Jesus and is about to destroy the Christian god, Lucifer betrays Kratos. Kratos kills Lucifer and the weakened god is thankful. But Kratos' work isn't done. He slaughters the Christian god and an era of enlightenment begins.

There are all kinds of biblical monsters that could be used and other figures left out of the Christian bible like Lillith. They could really do something extremely fun and very brutal with that. I fear that they would likely shy away from what they were setting up in GoW2 because of possible public outcry. I can see the headlines on Fox News right now, GOD OF WAR IV . . . . . . BANNED! Sony hates Jesus!
#2este914Posted 4/19/2012 10:36:26 AM
What about Kratos & time travel?
---
-=> este914 <=-
#3deottPosted 4/19/2012 11:09:56 AM
But even if Kratos defeated Jesus he would just come back three days latter forgive Kratos and Kratos would say he was sorry , but I guess that would be a better ending then god of war 3 had.
---
PSN:deott20
#4BILMANGUYPosted 4/19/2012 12:12:02 PM
i think that would be awesome TC!

the last sentence reminds of of dantes inferno and ea hiring a fake christian group boycotting dantes inferno. pathetic. i figured it was all a publicity stunt because one of the men who was interviewed didnt know anything about the game or anything.
#5Mortimur(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 12:40:38 PM
deott posted...
But even if Kratos defeated Jesus he would just come back three days latter forgive Kratos and Kratos would say he was sorry , but I guess that would be a better ending then god of war 3 had.

Kratos apologizing. . . . . to a gods kid? Nah! And I'm sure Kratos would make sure that he would stay down for good too. No more "resurrecting" for that guy! I would imagine Kratos would have a more creative way of crucifying him permanently.

With that type of a story, it may make the disappointing ending to GoW3 look better.

Honestly, who wanted another prequel anyway? Really?
#6mrplow8Posted 4/19/2012 1:11:09 PM
They could never get away with making a God of War game where you kill the characters of Christian mythology. It would be way too controversial. And I don't know why anyone would want that anyway. Christian mythology isn't nearly as interesting as Greek mythology.
#7Wulf2KPosted 4/19/2012 1:19:24 PM
They could get away with it, but it would be silly to try.

Merging two mythologies would just be an ugly, ugly kludge.
#8Mortimur(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 2:31:25 PM
mrplow8 posted...
They could never get away with making a God of War game where you kill the characters of Christian mythology. It would be way too controversial. And I don't know why anyone would want that anyway. Christian mythology isn't nearly as interesting as Greek mythology.

Lots of people view Christian mythology as interesting. A majority of people still follow that religions teachings and believe its dogma. That's why it would be a bold and great step for the GoW franchise to go into.

To Wulf2K: Not combining the two mythologies, but continuing on to the new one as people have done in history. As in history, when the Christians destroyed and took over most of that area, the Pagans were made to forget their gods and convert to Christianity or be stoned to death. Concerning GoW, GoW3 would be the death of the Pagan gods and now the rise of this new religion called Christianity and its followers would now come. I'm sure it would work out just fine. Kratos would now have a new set of deities to butcher.

Maybe later they could tackle Norse mythology. I'd just like them to get to Christianity first because it would be controversial and it would follow what GoW2 had set up already. Who cares about MORE of Kratos' past. They need to move on.
#9MrStarkillerPosted 4/19/2012 11:46:52 PM
>implying you didn't mean to say Kratos vs. Abrahamic Religions
Got to get the jews and muslims in the game, friend. Can't leave them on the bench for this one.
#10Mortimur(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 10:30:13 AM
MrStarkiller posted...
>implying you didn't mean to say Kratos vs. Abrahamic Religions
Got to get the jews and muslims in the game, friend. Can't leave them on the bench for this one.

Good point, but that would end up being too clustered to be in a game. In the end, only one should be chosen. And that one is the one that many are familiar with and has been dominant over other faiths throughout the world. Muslims being a close second. Either way, the destruction of the "single god" faiths. Christians, Muslims and Jews believe in relatively similar things, it's just viewed in a different way by its followers. That's my argument why it would work perfectly for Christianity in lumping it in altogether without becoming overly complicated and annoying. The death of the single god.