single player details - blades of chaos confirmed!!!

#1lamideajayiPosted 4/30/2012 10:42:51 AM
Six months after being tricked into killing his wife and child, a younger Kratos is sentenced to a life of madness with the Furies, caged in a titan sized prison for the living damned. Fighting insanity, his will is tested to the limit as he seeks to break his bond and gain the clarity to seek revenge on Ares for his part in the death of his family. Armed with double-chained blades, Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest for redemption
#2lamideajayi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 10:48:05 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1224022p1.html
#3Dragunov_4_everPosted 4/30/2012 12:35:36 PM
In Greek Mythology the Furies were the 3 Goddesses of Vengence; Tisiphone (avenger of murder), Megaera (the jealous) and Alecto (constant anger). They were the daughters of Gaea and would punish criminals by inflicting madness upon them for eternity.

If Kratos is locked in a cage with the Furies then I assume that the game will be similar to GoW1 where you spend most of your time in one massive place, but with the Furies being the main villains.
---
TTT2: Dragunov, Marduk, Ogre, Jinpachi, Alisa.
#4LaKost117Posted 4/30/2012 1:14:01 PM
Where they loved or hated daughters......cause she sure helped Kratos after he (most likely) murders them.
#5wwinterj25Posted 4/30/2012 1:51:01 PM
Interesting. The Furies must have been the images of the characters with snake hair in the trailers.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#6bdj72Posted 4/30/2012 2:29:54 PM
I can get behind this story but the mutliplayer part just doesn't interest me right now.

lamideajayi posted...
Six months after being tricked into killing his wife and child, a younger Kratos is sentenced to a life of madness with the Furies, caged in a titan sized prison for the living damned. Fighting insanity, his will is tested to the limit as he seeks to break his bond and gain the clarity to seek revenge on Ares for his part in the death of his family. Armed with double-chained blades, Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest for redemption
#7MacgyverPosted 5/1/2012 5:03:36 AM
Hope the singleplayer is as long as GOW 2
#8CyborgTwentyPosted 5/1/2012 5:08:16 AM
i wanna know what bosses they are gonna have.
#9MrStarkillerPosted 5/1/2012 1:15:09 PM
>BoC confirmed
Why is this news? All that is notable is that they aren't courageous enough to even briefly touch on bits pre-BoC yet fool enough to meddle in MP.

>Furies
I'm pleased that Erinys (Furies) didn't stop them from using the real ones. Hopefully we get that triple boss fight (all at once aside from one-on-one time perhaps).

Inter: >snake her
That's actually quite possible. I just wouldn't have expected them to be depicted as such in GoW. More like Harpies. There is more than one way to go about it afterall. I still want Stheno. The true Cerberus is possible this time if we're looking to escape the Underworld from the start. I wonder who orders the Furies upon us. Perhaps Nemesis will make it into the game (we had weapon in her name in GoWIII) as the female from the trailer.

Good eye.

BDJ: Understandable.

Mac: Not going to happen. I'd be surprised if it was only just shorter than GoW1.

Cyborg: The Furies are an obvious call now. A boss cerberus seems likely. Stheno is looking less likely now, but still possible. Nemesis could be the god we deal with by game's end if they're going full on with the 'taking on revenge' thing.

Athena will have to shelter us by game's end. Taking out the Furies now would account for us not being harassed in the future, but not so much that we still had the visions (guess they just didn't go away).

NOTE: I can only hope we meet others like us in Tartarus this time. Famous faces, some of the other prisoners and jailors of myth too.
#10doofy102Posted 5/5/2012 12:47:07 AM
Kratos' timeline is becoming bloated with adventures.

And they could at least open the game with Kratos becoming the ghost of sparta since the whole game is based around it. It does no good to start six months AFTER it happens.

And then we could actually watch Kratos descend into insanity, get locked up by the furies etc. So then escaping the place would be more meaningful, as it'd correlate with the events that happened earlier in the game.

But I suppose another game will deal with that, as this clearly won't be the last. There will never be a "last" God of War game now.
---
PSN: doofdoof69 - Did you know that I made a film? I poured my heart into it, and it is online here for you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3raw9RMEz8