why is Sony so impatient?

#13starborrisPosted 4/30/2012 3:36:19 PM
E3 is literally JUST around the corner. What is the logic behind not saving such a big announcement as a new GoW on the PS3 for E3 to surprise people during the press conference?

I guess i could understand the game itself, but something as massive and surprising as multiplayer in a GoW game? they really just couldnt save that to blow people away come E3?
#2labountiPosted 4/30/2012 3:54:17 PM
Because it not big enough that anyone would be surprised by it.... Its not a new franchise and its very popular. Its safe to assume even before it was shown that they were making a new one sooner or later.
#3wwinterj25Posted 4/30/2012 5:04:29 PM
I guess it's because they want to show more at E3 so get the hype train going now. Much like with GTA V.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#4topherous86Posted 4/30/2012 6:11:16 PM
If they announce a new Legacy of Kain game this year, that'll make E3 history in my book. Of course, I've been making this claim for 8 years now, but who knows?!
#5skatrx9349Posted 4/30/2012 6:12:25 PM
It's because there's no reason to hide it. There was enough speculation and rumors already that basically confirmed its existence.

They intentionally left out the single player campaign from the multiplayer reveal today so they have something great to show off during E3.
#6Dragonspear2462Posted 4/30/2012 6:18:19 PM
Since Sony should have been the ones that "let" them announce it...it must mean they have enough cool stuff at E3...Sony...WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!?!? XD
---
"There Is Nothing Either Good Or Bad, But Thinking Makes It So"
#7Dark World RulerPosted 4/30/2012 8:34:44 PM
You realize we have only seen the multiplayer? I bet the single player is going to look amazingly good and at E3 it'll be a big reveal
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#8mrplow8Posted 4/30/2012 10:39:13 PM
Because they're probably going to announce their next console at E3, and they didn't want the announcement of Ascension to be overshadowed by it.
#9MrStarkillerPosted 5/1/2012 12:59:03 PM
All very reasonable. SP is my true concern. They should focus on that for E3.
#10Hotel_SecurityPosted 5/1/2012 1:35:02 PM
What is the logic behind not saving such a big announcement as a new GoW on the PS3 for E3 to surprise people during the press conference?

Because:

A) Nothing is ever a “surprise” at E3 anymore. Everyone always hears whispers about a game so it’s never a surprise. The major magazines heard whispers about this game five months ago.

B) A big strength of E3 is that gamers go there and can SAMPLE the game. They get the announcement out of the way and then they can have a demo for gamers to play and hype up the game. You can’t surprise people if they’re setting up huge God of War booths and game zones prior to the event.

they really just couldnt save that to blow people away come E3?

Do you work for E3 or something? Who cares about when they announce it?

If they announce a new Legacy of Kain game this year, that'll make E3 history in my book.

I doubt that many folks will care. At least not enough to “make E3 history” which has featured people crying over a Zelda trailer before.