It seems God of War has jumped in the multiplayer bandwagon

#1sasukedudePosted 4/30/2012 4:06:06 PM
Though I must say it looks interesting. It seems there will be sort of a co-op mode and four on four versus mode, and that "allegiance to the gods" sounds like fun. It also seems like they took balancing the game into consideration. I just hope the single player doesn't take a major blow due to this.
---
Official Kisamehada of the Naruto UNSG Board
I am the fabled Dr. Snakes, I learnt all about them in order to beat Orochimaru.
#2KainReaver109Posted 4/30/2012 4:16:51 PM
They shouldn't waste their time on multi-player
#3bassagePosted 5/1/2012 12:39:21 AM
KainReaver109 posted...

Why? If it turns out to be a lot of fun, then it wasn't a waste of time.
---
#4ukloukloiyPosted 5/1/2012 2:31:24 AM
^This
---
Naked General for special things,.....Unity In Nudity
PSN: Czlapaj
#5pecorrePosted 5/1/2012 4:33:42 AM
It was a necessary move for the franchise like Bioshock 2, Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

People will talk about how great it was for years to come.

/sarcasm
#6sasukedude(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 4:49:24 AM
Like I said, I don't have much of a problem with it, I just hope we don't get a crappy single player experience just because of multiplayer.
---
Official Kisamehada of the Naruto UNSG Board
I am the fabled Dr. Snakes, I learnt all about them in order to beat Orochimaru.
#7Godokuno_DanPosted 5/1/2012 4:51:49 AM

Bioshock is MUCH more story oriented.  It was way less necessary there. GOW story is just basically "WRAGGGH!!! I want to KILL the gods!!!"  GOW 3, I beat it, and gave it to my girlfriend.  I beat it on Titan mode, and it was so challenging to the point of being aggravating (nigh infuriating), I didnt feel like beating it again. That game had me wanting to wing the controller so hard, it would leave a hole in the wall. Like EVER.  If GOW3 had Multiplayer I might not have given it away.  And GOW gameplay design is so dated, they need multiplayer. Other new games that use GOW game level design get maligned by critics. By that I mean the levels where they just lock you in a room and don't let you out until you kill everyone.  That is GOW in a nutshell. And the "Block moving" button-pressing, key searches aren't exactly groundbreaking either.    You can see why they need Multiplayer to freshen things up.

#8Dr_KainPosted 5/1/2012 7:02:21 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
---
I would love to see the world the way you do, but I cannot get my head that far up my ass.
#9Dr_KainPosted 5/1/2012 7:04:44 AM
bassage posted...
KainReaver109 posted...

Why? If it turns out to be a lot of fun, then it wasn't a waste of time.

Because they will focus on the multiplayer, half ass the single player and still charge $60 for it.

Multiplayer should only be a bonus feature. I still better get a 10 hours experience out of the single player that has a deep rewarding story that shows they put care into the game and only worked on the multiplayer as an extra feature. So 80% of the development went into the single player mode and 20% went into the multiplayer.
---
I would love to see the world the way you do, but I cannot get my head that far up my ass.
#10XeonexFlashPosted 5/1/2012 8:55:24 AM
If you actually watch the Multiplayer video, it's clear as day this wasn't a hacked job... You can actually tell they put effort into it....
---
Rollin' on a blue dolphin, everybody is sounding robotic!