Boss Speculation

#1skatrx9349Posted 4/30/2012 6:11:19 PM
With the details we've been given about single player (while there are only a few), it does give us some insight on potential bosses.

The the Furies should be fun bosses. I'm not sure how we'll fight them yet though. My guesses are either:

1) We'll fight them separately as we make our way through the prison, each one more difficult than the last.

or 2) We'll fight them Sisters of Fate style, with all three being one after another, possibly fighting together to drive Kratos insane.

Within this prison I'm hoping we'll run into the BIG Cerberus we have yet to fight so far...it could be guarding something in the prison which they could work into the story.

We could also fight Stheno, the final Gorgon sister, who could either be allied with the Furies or be locked inside the prison for some reason.

Any other boss thoughts?

I think the Barbarian King is a given since we know that "at times" we'll see Kratos before he was covered in ashes, and I think the Barbarian King battle may happen in the beginning of the game.
#2PsyEdPosted 4/30/2012 6:32:50 PM
I think they might do a ninja gaiden style...all dead bosses come back to fight in some last stage...along with some new ones.
---
PsyEd on 360 & PSN
#3topherous86Posted 4/30/2012 6:37:14 PM
PsyEd posted...
I think they might do a ninja gaiden style...all dead bosses come back to fight in some last stage...along with some new ones.

Seriously? I don't think so.
#4Phant0mLimePosted 4/30/2012 9:31:44 PM
If Kratos seeks revenge, I dont see why the gods shouldnt too?
---
XBL GT-Phant0mLime
PSN-MrBrofessor
#5CyborgTwentyPosted 5/1/2012 5:10:53 AM
the big cyclops and the last gorgon sister.
#6skatrx9349(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:48:01 AM
^Only problem with the megalops (forgot his name, too lazy to look it up...it's the one from the Odyssey) being in the single player game is that it would make the "goal" of MP a little less realistic.

The point of MP is to upgrade your character from Man to God while sacrificing enemies and big bosses in order to gain favor with the Gods. Sacrificing the megalops is one of those things you have to do. If Kratos kills it in SP then it being alive in the multiplayer doesn't make sense.
#7CyborgTwentyPosted 5/1/2012 6:39:01 AM
what? multiplayer has nothing to do with the canon storyline.
#8Hotel_SecurityPosted 5/1/2012 11:35:24 AM
think they might do a ninja gaiden style...all dead bosses come back to fight in some last stage

You mean they’ll do it “Mega Man style”? Come on, kids.

And yeah, horrible idea.

The point of MP is to upgrade your character

See? This is why we don’t need MP. Because we get nonsensical responses like this. Thanks for nothing, Sony.
#9MrStarkillerPosted 5/1/2012 1:36:17 PM
Skater: Stheno - Because she's the last sister and petrification is a thing that needs to be.

Cerberus - The real deal. In the trailer there was one, we've not had the right one yet and we're starting in the Underwold. Possible first boss (environmental showy type).

Primordial Cyclops - MP has one in form, but they call it Polyphemus (which is absurd). Just re-use it for SP, but make it a boss instead of a backdrop. Or if they would rather...

Hecantoncheir - Let SP have this instead. We're in Tartarus. Might as well make the most of it this time. See some famous jailors and prisoners (Tantalus and the boys).

Furies - It is possible the 'gorgon' from the trailer was actually how GoW intends the Furies to be. I'd prefer they go Sisters of Fate style on us with one-on-one with each before all at once. I've discussed as much before.

Nemesis - I'm guessing she's the goddess at the head of this conflict purely based on the content of the story that we know of and that we always kill a god in the end. Even when it is ill-advised for the story.

BK - Unlikely with the talk of this being post-family killing. IF they go before that time, this would be a highly advised fight to cover.

Echidna - Mother of all monsters. Just because.

Ladon - No reason to have him for this journey unless we go for the golden apples he guards in the past to heal Calliope (rather than use them for immortality as I'd theorized for GoWII).

Phobos - A son of Ares. But multiple gods is unlikely. Thanks to GoS, "Deimos" doesn't refer to the other son of Ares.

Apollo - Rather unlikely he's our foe. Not much reason to have him around for this outing that I can imagine.

Charbydis - If he used a boat it might have been reasonable to use this is a monster to pull us under (as GoS could have done with the 'Vortex' as they used up Scylla *CoO wasted a Basilisk as some sort of simple fire breathing lizard*).

Castor and Pollux - No reason to fight them (fellow Spartans) beyond training or some contrived issue like us being exiles of Sparta (that never gets brought up in the future).

Achilles - If they're working with Troy and this is post-family death, we would be on the side opposing Aphrodite, Ares, etc. and favoring Hera, Athena, etc. Achilles. Yet Kratos going against his fellow Spartans to defend Troy seems like nonsense. It should be the other way around. If pre-family killing, this is more reasonable (as the Fist of Ares we would trounce everyone, but as the Captain we would just be a another 'demi-god hero').

Underworld is a big part of this, so I feel safe in making bets about those associated with it. Troy is only mentioned in MP, but there is a small chance resources from it could be used in SP too (but have story significance unlike with the non-canon events in the diversionary addition).
#10Hotel_SecurityPosted 5/1/2012 2:01:35 PM
Stheno - Because she's the last sister

Our token Environmental battle to start the game.

Cerberus - The real deal.

Ah, you mean the one from Dante’s Inferno? Or perhaps the large version from Kingdom Hearts? Both would be a second environmental battle? A strange choice from you.

Primordial Cyclops

Great. A Cyclops but with silly dialogue. Just what we need.

Hecantoncheir

Gesundheit.

Furies

More talk of that “three on one” action? I thought these were bosses and not the sex mini-game.

Nemesis

I’m not sure what Resident Evil has to do with any of this.

BK

You mean…snicker…Alrik?....snicker…

Echidna

Gotta save her for God of War 5 after he’s already killed most of her kids.

Ladon

I thought the Elder Scrolls guy killed them all. Does Kratos have to shout at him?

Castor and Pollux - No reason to fight them (fellow Spartans) beyond training or some contrived issue

Eh, there was no issue to fight half of the fellow Spartans that Kratos ended up killing. May be the best fight. If he’s up against a god of some sort, they can be servants of that god. Reason enough for me.

Achilles - If they're working with Troy and this is post-family death,

Could get tiring having to stab his ankle all the time. I’d imagine Hector would be involved somehow. I can’t imagine either frankly unless this becomes a game on the Trojan War…not a bad idea for a sequel though. That war could be a game in itself…except Kratos killed half of the Gods involved.