MrStarkiller posted...

mosheste: >Piggyback
Who?

Here you go :-)

http://www.piggyback.com/en/
---
PSN: Extorminator Xbox Live: Extorminator
#12moshestePosted 2/14/2013 10:44:53 AM
Ive contacted Brady-games (which made all the other guides for GOW) Asking them if they are planning on publishing a guide for GOWA
This is their answer:

"...We appreciate your interest in our BradyGames strategy guides and thank you for your inquiry. We do not have any information on the future publication date of the title "GOD OF WAR ASCENSION".

For more information, please visit our Guides or e-Guides page(s) at http://www.bradygames.com/store/index.aspx

If you are unable to locate a particular title on the BradyGames site and the game itself has already been produced, there is a strong chance we will not publish a guide on that game. However, if the game is not yet available, we may be planning a guide and would suggest that you check back at www.bradygames.com when the game is closer to release.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us."

Seems that they are not going to make one...
---
#13MrStarkillerPosted 2/17/2013 11:07:37 AM
>not making one
Brady? No loss there. Surely they won't pass on a guide. That would be nonsense.

>Piggyback
You sure they're fit to give tactics for Action games? I suppose they can't do worse than the others. FuturePress is best suited for this.
#14Hotel_SecurityPosted 2/18/2013 10:07:58 AM
We do not have any information on the future publication date of the title "GOD OF WAR ASCENSION".

Boy, not an auto-reply at all….

Seems that they are not going to make one...

There isn’t much reason for one anyway. They don’t seem to try hiding most items and the tactics in these guides is usually lacking.
#15moshestePosted 2/18/2013 2:49:26 PM
There isn’t much reason for one anyway.

They did a guide for GOW 123 so why not for this one?
---
#16crazyman32Posted 2/18/2013 3:05:04 PM
mosheste posted...
There isn’t much reason for one anyway.

They did a guide for GOW 123 so why not for this one?

I wasn't planning to get a guide but,it's odd that there isn't one.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#17darkseid09Posted 2/18/2013 6:42:43 PM
It seems games are going away from having guides, its kinda depressing as i really like them.
---
PSN= Ragnarok09
You don't suck, I'm just better.
#18MrStarkillerPosted 2/19/2013 9:50:04 AM
Hotel: >isn't much reason for them
They may as well just provide the 'meat', I desire. Values/percentiles (the usual coverage leaving much for me to still test) and official names (for foes). Just reduce the price, eh? No need for the worthless filler (myth tidbits, pitiful tactics, bad tutorial, credits, etc.).
#19Hotel_SecurityPosted 2/19/2013 11:07:57 AM
It seems games are going away from having guides, its kinda depressing as i really like them.

Part of it is the quality. If I buy a guide, I need everything. Enemy stats, exploits, combat methods, maps of bloody everything, all hidden items. It got to the point where I’d get a guide and it’d just have basic stuff on how to beat the main game and would usually be missing a bunch of stuff…meanwhile I’d come on here and get geeky stat lists for free. The incentive to buy them is gone when the stuff online is so much more superior and is free.

Hotel: >isn't much reason for them
They may as well just provide the 'meat', I desire. Values/percentiles

Agreed, but how many guides (outside of those FuturePress crazies) will give that? Quite unlikely we’ll get it from Brady.
#20MrStarkillerPosted 2/19/2013 12:52:15 PM
>quality
FuturePresses guides tend to have that. The drawback should be well known to you though.

>for free
Beyond what the guides offer (using what they know and working from there).

>incentive is gone
You don't want a physical copy to waste money on? You don't fancy pretty pictures, credits, 'humor', etc.?

>how many
The GoW guides were (mostly) good at giving enough to go on and that I could fill in the rest myself. Brady and Prima both did it (for this series). Sure they hardly covered all they could have in terms of values/percentiles, but I just needed the little they gave me to do my work. The handheld entries were murder for dropping a good deal of that too (more work for me). It is odd that this series should have such information given while more 'core' titles of the genre get truly loathsome coverage.