Stuck in hourglass room...?

#1Liquid BikePosted 3/11/2013 6:55:06 PM
I'm about 2.5 hours into the game and I'm stuck in a room with an hourglass puzzle does anyone know how to beat it?

I activate the green mist but it seems impossible to get up to the chandelier before the time runs out. Help!
#2StormwingsPosted 3/11/2013 9:05:00 PM
Hi. U need to proceed up to the chandelier 1st. Swing it and get to the plaform above the hourglass. Get all the chest and proceed to the left of the screen to find a crank. Pull it and proceed back to the room where u fought the 2 Talios (Flaming Iron Suits with Hammers). Drop down for a short fight with a few minions. Once u clear them, proceed to remove the statue that u had previously used as a platform to reach the ladder. U would realise that the ladder had been extended so u no longer need the statue. Towards the right is a firepit. Thats where u need to place the statue later. Proceed up the ladder and head right towards the mist. U would c a small wooden plank decay n drop off to the floor below. Jump down n push the statue onto the wooden plank. Once the decay is reverse, U would have the statue on the platform above. Push the statue out from the room into the hourglass room. Proceed straight and push the statue off the ledge onto the floor below. U can use the statue to activate the switch for the left room to get the 3 chest in it. Afterwhich, push the statue slightly forward, just before the chandelier. Activate the mist and climb onto the statue then jump to the chandelier and swing it to puncture the hourglass.

Hope that's useful!
#3Liquid Bike(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 9:09:30 PM
Thanks for taking the time to type all that I am going to try it now!!!
#4sorldierm1979Posted 3/12/2013 3:22:56 PM
!@#$ing room I was stuck there forever as well!

Had the that statue of the button and everything -____-
---
KING /( x )\ HIPPO
Gaming to the grave.
#5thanthenPosted 3/12/2013 7:54:26 PM
You'll be stuck at the broken wheel next.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#6sorldierm1979Posted 3/12/2013 7:56:18 PM
lol.... i just stopped playing right when i got there, I'll tackle that tomorrows ^_^
---
KING /( x )\ HIPPO
Gaming to the grave.
#7mysticgohan22Posted 3/12/2013 10:28:59 PM
I'm stuck here too. I activate the gas, but i can't get to the platform. I see a blinking light to latch on to, but R1 doesn't do anything. I went up both sides of the steps and cleared both areas, but i don't know what im missing.
#8DarkivePosted 3/12/2013 11:12:48 PM
mysticgohan22 posted...
I'm stuck here too. I activate the gas, but i can't get to the platform. I see a blinking light to latch on to, but R1 doesn't do anything. I went up both sides of the steps and cleared both areas, but i don't know what im missing.

u have to bring that movable statue into the hourglass room and position it in a footprint in front of the chandelier the above post pretty much sums it all up for u.
---
Silent Hill's Darkest
#9mysticgohan22Posted 3/12/2013 11:29:13 PM
Darkive posted...
mysticgohan22 posted...

u have to bring that movable statue into the hourglass room and position it in a footprint in front of the chandelier the above post pretty much sums it all up for u.

Yeah, i'm not quite there. I didn't realize you could drop down to the lower level in the one room. The camera angle shows you the floor below, but i thought it was just showing me the floor falling so i always jumped over the gap. I accidentally fell once, then felt like an idiot for not trying to do that sooner.