The Last of Us "Demo" Countdown question

#1zeth07Posted 3/13/2013 2:42:55 PM
I recently got the game and I know the demo has been pushed back, but there is supposed to be an option in the main menu that apparently brings up a countdown at least.

That option does not exist on my game.....

I did a livechat with Sony customer service and apparently that option should not even be available to people yet, and yet I've heard and seen people with it.

So what's the deal? Is it available like that only for certain regions (I own the NA version)? Is it only available for people who I'm assuming have hacked PS3s? Or did the Sony person just give me some BS answer, lol?

At this point it doesn't matter since I can't play the demo anyway, but now I'm just curious about what's going on.
#2JTK1977Posted 3/13/2013 2:51:36 PM
I have it on mine. Mine is the NA Collector's Edition. I "think" it is Collector's Edition only. But that I could be wrong.
#3chipsNicePosted 3/13/2013 3:45:04 PM
well i also have the Collectors edition (NA) and even the regular gets the DLC code for PSABR and should have the option for the demo via main menu. It should say on the box itself and you should have paper inserts with your game the last of us and PSABR.
---
Currently Playing: BF3(PC), MGS:Revengance(360)
Waiting For: Bioshock: Infinite, GTA: V
#4DrCruisePosted 3/13/2013 3:52:46 PM
Did you press the Square button on the main menu?
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10
#5zeth07(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 8:55:33 PM
chipsNice posted...
well i also have the Collectors edition (NA) and even the regular gets the DLC code for PSABR and should have the option for the demo via main menu. It should say on the box itself and you should have paper inserts with your game the last of us and PSABR.

Yea, I have all that, just the regular version though.

I ordered from Amazon and it even says on the receipt $10 Credit Plus Access to The Last of Us Demo. Even the plastic wrapping has a small thing that says The Last of Us: Includes Access To Demo. And even further, I have the insert for The Last of Us, with Demo Access details on back, including PSABR codes, etc.

So even if the demo isn't available which I understand now, that whole option doesn't exist like it apparently does for others.

DrCruise posted...
Did you press the Square button on the main menu?

That's my whole point, that option does not even exist in the game for me.
Picture of my main menu: http://i.imgur.com/2HDJzdq.jpg

Picture of the main menu from someone with access: http://i.imgur.com/brZasCa.png
#6Split InfinityPosted 3/14/2013 1:40:04 PM
zeth07, that's really weird.O.o

Myself I bought PAL game - Special Edition, which has MP XP bonus DLC, some crappy avatars, digital OST, and a dynamic theme. The box itself says access to LOU demo, and when I bring the main menu, the option to press Square to bring up demo countdown is there. I dunno why not for you.
Perhaps you need to download a patch?
#7zeth07(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 2:46:55 PM
Split Infinity posted...
zeth07, that's really weird.O.o

Myself I bought PAL game - Special Edition, which has MP XP bonus DLC, some crappy avatars, digital OST, and a dynamic theme. The box itself says access to LOU demo, and when I bring the main menu, the option to press Square to bring up demo countdown is there. I dunno why not for you.
Perhaps you need to download a patch?

I did the update when the game started. I even thought that maybe after the fact they removed that part since the demo got delayed, so I went and deleted everything again just to make sure and it still wasn't there. So I re-updated anyway and it's still not there to begin with.

I sent a tweet to SonySantaMonica and ToddPapy since they seemed to interact somewhat with people, but I got no response about it.

I could understand if I got a later copy or something where it wasn't included, but literally everything I have says otherwise.
#8InferenionPosted 3/16/2013 6:40:40 AM
What's strange for me is I got the square button demo option in main menu but upon clicking it, it will show a countdown timer on when demo is available which was like 79 days or so. After I exited or went back to main menu, the demo option disappeared. I can no longer select it with square and it no longer shows up. Not sure if they took it down but it did appear when I first started the game after it applied game update first.
#9ukloukloiyPosted 3/16/2013 6:51:32 AM
It didnt apeared on my menu until i downloaded the first pach.
---
Naked General for special things,.....Unity In Nudity
PSN: Czlapaj
#10SDFan18Posted 3/16/2013 6:59:19 AM
It only shows on the main menu when you are signed into the PSN.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86