Stupid Q about blades of chaos...(semi spoiler)

#1Konyaku81Posted 3/13/2013 8:44:33 PM
Hi,

Sorry for this stupid nooby question....

I'm about 2 hours into the game and got the fire, ice and electric elements for my blades. But I've been powering up just the blades of chaos only, my question is... How the frig do you switch to the regular blades of chaos??? I tried everything! Pushing all the directions in the pad, going into the menus... I feel like an idiot.

Can someone help me here?

I'm expecting a really stupid answer to this... Sorry
#2SHMYazooPosted 3/13/2013 8:53:53 PM
You can't, you have to stay in one mode since they don't have any downside to them. I'd say the "ideal default one" would be Ares enchant, it's the same color as the blade, fire and all, and it helps build the rage meter more quickly (something you always want to do first).
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#3Konyaku81(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 8:59:34 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
You can't, you have to stay in one mode since they don't have any downside to them. I'd say the "ideal default one" would be Ares enchant, it's the same color as the blade, fire and all, and it helps build the rage meter more quickly (something you always want to do first).

Thanks for the response,

That's weird coz under the blades of chaos it lists a bunch of combos I unlocked but it won't perform any of them...
#4codebreak1337Posted 3/13/2013 11:25:54 PM
yep you might be the guy from you tube !

anyway, you can't and they are probably the only weapon in the game.
---
Codebreak1337 on gamefaqs.com for video guides
Check video section !
#5Elements012894Posted 3/14/2013 1:36:08 AM
Konyaku81 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

Thanks for the response,

That's weird coz under the blades of chaos it lists a bunch of combos I unlocked but it won't perform any of them...

You probably need to fill your rage meter to allow them. Ares fills it up the fastest.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#6Konyaku81(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:43:10 PM
Wait, I don't think you guys are getting my question....

When u press start, the first weapon it shows that u can upgrade are the plain regular blades of chaos. There 5 upgradable spots on this weapon. When I go back to playing the game, I can't select the blades of chaos, it only allows me to use either the fire, ice or electric but NO regular blades of chaos...

So what is the point in even being able to upgrade this weapon???
#7pov722Posted 3/14/2013 6:48:51 PM
Konyaku81 posted...
Hi,

I'm about 2 hours into the game and got the fire, ice and electric elements for my blades. But I've been powering up just the blades of chaos only, my question is... How the frig do you switch to the regular blades of chaos??? I tried everything! Pushing all the directions in the pad, going into the menus... I feel like an idiot.

I get what your asking, I had the same thought my self. I see it as this:

You are always using the blades of chaos. You just have different magically abilities for them. You can upgrade the magically abilities for more power and moves, and then you also upgrade the actual blades themselves for effectiveness and power.

I only upgraded the first 3 levels for the normal blades. The next upgrade only increases my overall damage and evade attacks. That's all.

Hopefully that helps
#8Konyaku81(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:08:44 PM
pov722 posted...
Konyaku81 posted...
Hi,

You are always using the blades of chaos. You just have different magically abilities for them. You can upgrade the magically abilities for more power and moves, and then you also upgrade the actual blades themselves for effectiveness and power.

I only upgraded the first 3 levels for the normal blades. The next upgrade only increases my overall damage and evade attacks. That's all.

Hopefully that helps

Thanks pov,

Hit triangle when ur on the blades of chaos in the pause menu. It will list combos like triangle triangle triangle which I unlocked but can't perform... I don't get it
#9endgelPosted 3/14/2013 7:10:59 PM
That combo can only be perform with full rage.
---
lol!
#10pov722Posted 3/14/2013 7:19:29 PM
Konyaku81 posted...
pov722 posted...
Konyaku81 posted...
Hi,

Hopefully that helps

Thanks pov,

Hit triangle when ur on the blades of chaos in the pause menu. It will list combos like triangle triangle triangle which I unlocked but can't perform... I don't get it

Hmm yea I see it. Your looking at Olympic fury, bravery of Hercules right?