Trial of Archimedes Tips

#1dawud1930Posted 3/14/2013 2:26:25 PM
This is not a debate between old school gamers and others who just want to enjoy. Everyone with tips on how to defeat these trials, give them.

Here are my own:

Block when you can, looking for an opening, and roll around when the Medusas try to petrify you
Observe Medusas and try to learn the timing for an L1+X parry. It's quite easy. Doing this will allow you to use the Medusa to petrify other enemies, which is quite useful
Note that special kill of a Medusa will give you one full block of magic. Take this into account, using magic, killing a Medusa to replenish your bar.
Once the lightning Mages come around, parry a Medusa if you can, then use magic to shatter them.
Go wild with Magic when the damn mages are there.
All along, use the special L2 moves, which will prove to be quite useful. Namely, slowing down an enemy, sending Kratos's double to wreak havoc, and blinding enemies.

All of these things will make the first battle quite easier.

The second battle is much more easy. Keep in mind that special killing amazons will replenish a good portion of your health! The birds, just grapple them and throw them away. Block patiently and melee the amazons, using all your other L2 moves to make things easier. Magic is not necessary for this part.

The third battle is easier yet. Deal patiently with the centaur. Special killing him will also replenish your health. If you still have magic when the scissors guys come, use it. Again, use L2 move, and juggle them in the air. Use R1 when they go underground and observe carefully when they do so, to dodge their trail of dark energy.

With all these tips, things should go smoothly. It's all about variety and a patient approach here.

Don't hesitate to give your own!
#2Drag0nBladePosted 3/14/2013 2:28:31 PM
good tips. I approve.
---
I make video games.
#3Nightmare966Posted 3/14/2013 2:31:42 PM
Thanks for making a useful topic :)

Use the eyes. No, really, they do one big stun! :D

Also, Zeus' Lightning magic is really good to throw off the enemies from the elevator (plus the damage it makes).
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#4MrStarkillerPosted 3/18/2013 1:36:47 AM
How many of these do we need?

>Medusas
Sweet Jesus.

>give own
Maybe later. I've had enough of repeating myself for one round through the muck here. I'll share copypasta later if this thread even endures enough to justify it.
#5aKimbodiacPosted 3/19/2013 4:13:12 PM
Hey, I've been on this level for the past 3 hours of so. and I've tried everything... almost. the easiest and most effective way to deal with this level is to L2 [_] then [_] Hold x 2/3 then magic. this way you're spending a lot of time dealing with stunned enemies. Also try and lure the electric people to the side and use fire magic. 9/10 it'll kill them instantly by pushing them off. Hope this helps for derps like me :)
---
PSN & Steam: aKimbodiac
#6Buddy_DacotePosted 3/19/2013 4:15:29 PM
Jump and hold triangle. Most attacks are ground based, so doing this will help you evade them. Throw in some magic and you should be able to beat the first wave without lose too much health.
#7bmagic3Posted 3/19/2013 4:38:22 PM
I completed this on hard last night. Took about an hr and 45 min. Once you reach the final waive...and fail, i think your mindstate is different. You put all your attention towards the first wave and just breeze threw the rest. Use both L2 powers and if they're leveled up, you can hit them in groups. Don't underestimate the L2+ Triangle. It's pretty strong..... And lightning blades are your best friend. Square square triangle as often as you can and if you suck at parry, just hold L1 U can avoid most attacks.

I don't even have the patch that curves the difficulty because of local internet issues. But if i can do it, anyone can. Just take your time with the first 3 gorgons and spam L2 and LIGHTNING magic when the witches come and always kill the gorgon first to replenish your magic.

You'll make it threw.

Also, be careful rolling in the third wave, i died three times because of a damn Evade......Worst feeling ever...
---
IGN: http://www.ign.com/blogs/bmagicdabeast
THE BEST Star Wars HipHop Beat: http://youtu.be/OSKMqutmCsQ
#8MrStarkillerPosted 3/20/2013 11:39:30 PM
Any of you lads have tips for VH NGR+ NUR+, NBR+ NUR+ or PAIN+? Those seem like more interesting conditions to speak about. Lesser settings without restrictions just doesn't do much for me. Not enough to even give a semi, you dig?
#9FishermanFriendPosted 3/20/2013 11:49:21 PM
There isn't really a specific strategy that you need to follow. The only important thing to know is the enemies in the first round will give you blue orbs when you execute them and the humans in the second round will give you health when you execute them as well as the centaur in the third round when you execute him.

Other than that, all you need to do is use your magic a lot in the first round because you can replenish a lot of it by executing the enemies in the first round, as I mentioned above.

Also use your L2+ Triangle and Square attacks. Use them every time they come off cool down.

Other than that just play more defensively. Don't get too greedy with attacks and don't worry about getting your rage meter up in the first round. I
#10MrStarkillerPosted 3/21/2013 12:02:53 AM
>rage meter
The bane of PAIN+. Use a rage attack and you're DQ'd.