Trial of Archimedes Walkthrough Pre Patch

#1nerobloodfirePosted 3/18/2013 6:33:49 PM
I figured I'd help out by posting what consistently worked for my hard and titan mode Trial.

Recommended Items
Zeus Max
Ares Max
Oath stone Max
Slow Stone Max
Blades at least T3
Club from Chapter 27

Stage 1 Phase 1

Two Gorgons,
Immediately get between the two and fire off a Zeus Magic attack but only one. Evade to one of the sides so that both Gorgons are in one direction from you. Fire off a slow stone then attack by double jumping and holding [ ] then /\ . Rinse repeat until the slow bubble wears off then dodge to a side. Use the square square triangle move with hades to keep them at bay until the slow stone activates again. Execute one as soon as possible. Immediately fire off another lightning storm if the other Gorgon is NOT in the red. Once you fire that off go back to the slow strategy focusing the majority of your damage on the new Gorgon. Once they are both red and ready to be executed finish one of them off. This will start phase 2.

Phase 2 Gorgon and Sirens,

Resist the urge to spam your lightning storm, try to position it so at least one siren is near an edge but not directly touching it, then fire off the lightning. With luck it should ring out one of the sirens and damage everyone else. Execute the Gorgon to recover the bar of mana. Slow them if needed to reposition then fire off another lightning to knock off more sirens with ring outs. Keep repeating doing executions as you can to refill mana. If there is only the Gorgon or a siren left save your mana, and make sure to execute to regain energy. Remember the majority of attacks will miss with the air combo mentioned in phase one and the sirens can be launched and disabled with the slow spear.

Stage 2 Phase 1 Amazons and Harpies

Run up and down the corridor until you have both Amazons on one side then slow followed by air combo. When bubble fades use Oath stone to deal damage and keep away. Recharge stone and use any available lightning between the amazons making sure to execute for free health.

Phase 2 Sentinel and harpies.

Run to the edge closest to the camera and stay there. Use R1 to throw the harpies instant killing them. When the sentinel spawns use the slow and air combo. When he charges simply walk away and rinse and repeat. Kill using hades blade for health chance.

Stage 3 Phase 1Centaur

Do not roll, use slow and air combo listed in stage 1. Spam magic between slows and hold block, do not do not roll. Most of the centaurs attacks will miss you in the air. (Think Motaro from MKIII) he will die quickly execute for large health gain.

Phase 2 Wraiths

Simply spam launch, air combo, grab for execute or if they dive into the ground. This is the easiest part. Just don't roll and you will walk away a winner.

I hope this helps at least one person.
---
PSN : Nerobloodfire
Dragons Dogma Pawn : Aya
#2MBBDarigonPosted 3/18/2013 7:00:41 PM
lost at wraith before.. so pissed.
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
The most interesting man in the world
#3Phoenix6248Posted 3/18/2013 7:09:10 PM
Trial of Archimedes Walkthrough Pre Patch

Conference Call and Bee Shield.
---
And in the end....we're all satisfied.
#4terminallPosted 3/18/2013 7:45:15 PM
Great tips. This has helped me a lot, but I unfortunately only have the Hades and Zeus magic fully upgraded. I hadn't expected to be so under-levelled, as I explored pretty decently was earning consistent combos. My blades can reach max after I kill the first Gorgon, but I'm boned on the other items.

I wish I had a save further back so I wouldn't be so horribly under-powered.
---
Terminall--- Awesomest dude... Ghandi, Buddha, Zordon and Jesus all in one. - Akr0ma
#5MBBDarigonPosted 3/18/2013 7:48:13 PM
I'm on hard mode aswell.. Is it as hard as hard modes on normal?
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
The most interesting man in the world
#6gphjr14Posted 3/18/2013 8:22:06 PM(edited)
I started over on easy but I'd like to see the changes after the patch because easy was actually too easy.
I don't mind a challenge but its ridiculous to have it where if you mess up once and get hit, 3 other enemies are guaranteed a shot, plus they easily break your combos. My biggest problem through out the game where the Sirens they're quick and they have that attack that chases you...while you're trying to fight two gorgons and another siren.
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle
#7Dust_ParticlesPosted 3/18/2013 8:07:58 PM
A strategy I used was use the amulet and try to get the rage bar filled. If you upgrade the amulet it creates a sphere that slows everyone in the radius. I finally beat it, but I followed this guy's video and used Army of Hades, every chance I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsO30VgYNMs
#8terminallPosted 3/18/2013 10:48:49 PM
gphjr14 posted...
I started over on easy but I'd like to see the changes after the patch because easy was actually too easy.
I don't mind a challenge but its ridiculous to have it where if you mess up once and get hit, 3 other enemies are guaranteed a shot, plus they easily break your combos. My biggest problem through out the game where the Sirens they're quick and they have that attack that chases you...while you're trying to fight two gorgons and another siren.

The patch isn't out yet...
---
Terminall--- Awesomest dude... Ghandi, Buddha, Zordon and Jesus all in one. - Akr0ma
#9gphjr14Posted 3/19/2013 5:19:49 AM
terminall posted...
gphjr14 posted...

The patch isn't out yet...

Thanks for keeping me updated....
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle
#10justphil13Posted 3/19/2013 5:49:27 AM
I don't think I could've survived the third wave without the club. I got through the centaur no problem, but had very little health left for the wraiths. If you can get one club hit in on a wraith, you can keep spamming the club until it's dead. It'll knock the wraith back and you can hit it again before it recovers. It takes a while, but if you're careful you can kill them without ever letting them stand up again.