Hard controls.

#11FishbulbPosted 4/26/2012 4:14:32 PM
After enough wasted purchases I've given up on trying to play anything on my iPhone that really should be played with buttons.
---
New Years Resolution 2012 - Don't post sarcastic messages on forums.
#12Will SmithPosted 4/26/2012 7:13:22 PM
Raurik_Aviant posted...
I'm not having this much trouble. Keep practicing and try to get used to it. It's a new way of inputting in a lot of respects so it could take awhile before you've got it 100%.

I've been playing for the better part of the day and I feel that I am starting to adapt to it. Using the 6 button layout I'm able nail most of Strider Hiryu's basic air combos now. Ryu still feels awkward (really tough to get DP motions down consistently).
#13Raurik_AviantPosted 4/26/2012 8:07:12 PM(edited)
Will Smith posted...
Raurik_Aviant posted...
I'm not having this much trouble. Keep practicing and try to get used to it. It's a new way of inputting in a lot of respects so it could take awhile before you've got it 100%.

I've been playing for the better part of the day and I feel that I am starting to adapt to it. Using the 6 button layout I'm able nail most of Strider Hiryu's basic air combos now. Ryu still feels awkward (really tough to get DP motions down consistently).

Yeah.. The dp was always hard in KOF and in SF for the iOS. I've always been fond of the special move buttons, but Marvel's layout for it lacks passion if you know what I mean. I've been able to do air combos to mid-air grabs as well as charlie's corner kick grab to c.lk to Flash Explosion. I've also done Strider's Satellite to teleport cross up. Hella hard cause of the reverse DP motion. Other technical feats involved... well, actually that's where the list ends.

You know who's inputs are really easy? Hayato. Those Plasma Chains leave plenty of time to get your super out whether it be Plasma Field or the Bursting Geyser. (I know it's not called that.)

Strider's Satellites are still the most fun part about this game. I've taken to saying "Aegis Reflector" every time I start them. I do the same thing with Steve Fox in SFxT. I start that super up and I'm like "Sonic Boom!"
#14RabitePosted 4/26/2012 9:59:09 PM
What I think would help the 6 button layout would be if you could move the assist buttons separately instead of both of them moving together. That way you can put assist 1 under your health bars and assist 2 under the opponents. It would free up a lot of the screen.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
If all else fails use fire - Zelda 2
#15saiken122Posted 4/28/2012 9:30:15 PM
what control type are you using to pull of combos? i am trying to use the 6-button mode sadly i can seem to pull to qcf attacks or even dp action. its quite easier when i am holding a joypad but on touch screen its a different story.

now i am using the type b but i can seem to pull of long combos. maybe i can ony do 2 hits then a special or a super. did capcom really setted the type b control scheme on hard kick and punch only? this will really make you punishable and you can really do any long combos since recovery frames of hard attacks are long.

has anyone tried on using tpye b controls and was able to pull of long land and air combos?
#16Raurik_AviantPosted 4/28/2012 11:15:59 PM
saiken122 posted...
what control type are you using to pull of combos? i am trying to use the 6-button mode sadly i can seem to pull to qcf attacks or even dp action. its quite easier when i am holding a joypad but on touch screen its a different story.

now i am using the type b but i can seem to pull of long combos. maybe i can ony do 2 hits then a special or a super. did capcom really setted the type b control scheme on hard kick and punch only? this will really make you punishable and you can really do any long combos since recovery frames of hard attacks are long.

has anyone tried on using tpye b controls and was able to pull of long land and air combos?

I am using the 6 button layout. As for the issues with the qcf and dp motions the advice I have to give is on the qcf make sure it's big motions. As for the dp, do a forward, down, down-forward. If you go up to make it a forward, down, forward it doesn't seem to be as consistent.

The other thing I've found helps is when you want a hyper combo to go off, double tap. Remember that you're aiming for a spot between the light and heavy keys and double tap it. Anyone found a way to input the lk+hp input for stuff like Iron Man's smart bombs?? I think this got overlooked in terms of a touch screen. lol.

And again, Strider, OMG, Aegis + Teleport = me failing at unblockables all day!!! Godlike!!!

Has anyone beaten the Arcade mode yet? If so, what level? I haven't made a proper pass at it yet., but I've gotten about 8 people in on easiest without dying. On the console I was able to beat the normal level without knowing how to play the game, but the iOS is giving me a lot of trouble. I often find because of how big the joystick is I end up holding down instead of downback and eat unnecessary damage. That and combos are dropped so easily that once you find yourself against Storm/Cyclops/Cable in round 6 of arcade, you're pretty much done. That and I'm using Strider so when I get hit it hurts.
---
My Main Characters: SFxT - Charlie Nash, SFIV - Charlie Nash, MVC - Charlie Nash, SFA3 - Ken
#17saiken122Posted 4/29/2012 5:55:25 AM
the difficulty of this game is somehow lowered. i think it is not the same as the console. on my first few tries of this game i setted the game to the hardest. and if i compare the reactions of the CPU compared the console version (based on SFxT) the CPU is kinda setted on Hard only. because there are times the CPU go idle. maybe its because of our controls hehe.

i sure wish there is a light punch and kick buttons for the simplified mode. its really tough to do the qcf and dp motion lolz
#18Raurik_AviantPosted 4/29/2012 1:46:50 PM
saiken122 posted...
the difficulty of this game is somehow lowered. i think it is not the same as the console. on my first few tries of this game i setted the game to the hardest. and if i compare the reactions of the CPU compared the console version (based on SFxT) the CPU is kinda setted on Hard only. because there are times the CPU go idle. maybe its because of our controls hehe.

i sure wish there is a light punch and kick buttons for the simplified mode. its really tough to do the qcf and dp motion lolz

I'm sorry, but are you comparing the AI's reactions in MVC2 on iOS to SFxT on the consoles? They're not really comparable.

SFxT brought back psychic AI from Super Turbo. The AI is dirt stupid in SFxT. Just watch out for all characters with a DP cause they will always DP when you poke. Other than that you can just jump-in combo them all to death.
---
My Main Characters: SFxT - Charlie Nash, SFIV - Charlie Nash, MVC - Charlie Nash, SFA3 - Ken
#19dragonlord26Posted 5/1/2012 10:07:35 PM
Honestly just takes time to adapt, 6 buttons is the way to go, playing with 4 is just pointless. After two days of playing I'm able to do my servbot infs and some flashy doom stuff.
---
PSN/LoL IGN: XxShadiusxX
Ganking from the forest as the forest
#20bluRfoxPosted 5/2/2012 9:29:13 PM
If you wish to play this like on arcade/console then do this
>-switch to 6 buttons
>-arrange the buttons closer to the each other and symmetrically
>(Optional) swap the positions of light hits with assist buttons

and take note when doing hypers and cross-overs use 2 fingers for each button instead of 1 finger covering 2 buttons, not sure its a glitch or what but it doesn't seem to register both buttons properly when using 1 finger.

i myself done the optional change so i'm just using directional and 4 buttons.

lastly as a disclaimer this setup is not recommended for casual players as it removes almost all easy control schemes capcom implemented for this port.
---
There is first time for everything.