5 Things this game needs to succeed.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 4/24/2012 3:52:03 PM
1. Good Graphics, doesn't need to compete with RE:R, but it needs to have the Same amount of polish that the Galaxy series and 3D Land have. NSMBWii was underwhelming with its graphics, they could have been way better.

2. Power up Variety: Have a whole bunch of power ups, but make them each as useful for accomplishing goals. Have the raccoon suit let you fly over the course, while the Shell and Hammer suit could block attacks by hiding under their cover, and the boomerang suit could reach star coins that would regularly be out of reach (ala SM3DL). The fire flower could light torches to reveal hidden rooms and exits.

3. Outstanding level and boss design: I don't care if the same themes from NSMB and Wii return, but make them way more challenging than they actually were (Level 7 Star world Wii is what we need in the final world). Have 16 worlds, while the first 8 focus on Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings with Boom Boom and Pom Pom, while the second eight actually pit you against Bowser and bring back old bosses and enemies from previous games (Goomboss, King Bob-omb, Whomp King, Petey Piranha, Gooper Blooper, King Boo, King Caliente) I'd like to see how a lot of these bosses would transition to a 2D sidescroller.

4. Actual Multiplayer: I don't mean "Have you run through the same levels with 4 people instead of one", make a whole separate campaign with new levels that require actual Co-op to complete. Have the Ma and the Wa bros be your characters, Mario is the well rounded one, Luigi jumps the highest but has the least traction, Waluigi runs the fastest and jumps second highest, and Wario runs and jumps worse but takes one extra hit to compensate. Make them work together to solve puzzles by equally distributing weight or throwing each other up to higher platforms. Don't do online though since the 3DS has no report or griefing system, because I could forsee people messing with each other to no end just to piss people off. Even have competitive modes.

5. Expandable world map a la SMW: Have different exits, branches to different worlds and a whole slew of ways to navigate the map to the end goal.

Those would make the game a 9-10 for me, what would you want?
---
N3DS: 2578-3112-7023 GT: ParkourBoyBryan PSN: parkourboy16
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2djmaster1994Posted 4/24/2012 4:13:29 PM
My five thing is
1. Online
2. Create your own levels(Mario vs Donkey Kong Stlye sharing and uploading)
3. New Game Plus(HARD MODE)
4. 12 Worlds and one special
5. New Characters
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 4725-8393-6525/Steam: djk1ng
PS3:DjK1NG(BF3 and CoD: BO)
#3PaperDolphinPosted 4/24/2012 6:54:53 PM
1. More Playable Characters (not just Mario & Luigi)
2.Unique Bosses (hopefully no repeats like NSMB, NSMBW, and SM3DL)
3.Good Power-ups (Like Hammer Suit, Blue Shell, and new ones)
4.Lots of levels/Longer Levels
5.Good Replay Value ( Secret World, not like SM3DL with repeats, Maybe a visual change like SMW)
---
3DS FC: 4296-3066-7290
#4SMASHKING84Posted 4/24/2012 7:27:54 PM
New Game Plus(HARD MODE)
yes never mind in every mario game since world(except nsmb ds) the game's default difficulty is already hard (of course people neve admit any game not name lost levels or kaizo is hard)
Maybe a hard mode would be nice for you but i'd like to actually play the default difficulty in a game and not feel like i'm playing hard mode

it really gets old that mario fans always whine for hard games last time i checked smb 3 was pretty damn easy and no one ever calls it too easy
---
The Official Jester of The NDF Most Wanted:Pkmn Conquest,Pm3ds,and Smash 4/3ds&NSMB 2!
#5AdmiralQballPosted 4/26/2012 5:06:29 PM
1. I'm ok with
2. The more powerups the better as far as I'm concered
3. Great level design and difficulty arn't really the same thing. If they did the same as SM3DL I would be happy. And for bosses, I prefer fewer and simpler bosses, like Wii and 3dLand had.
4. I don't like that idea at all.
5. Eh, everyone seems to think the SMW map was so incredible, when it really wasn't. NSMBW had a decent map. I would just like them to be larger and have more mini-games/mini-stages.
---
Pearl FC 3909 4588 9972
White FC 0905 6248 6243
#6mrplow8Posted 4/26/2012 7:14:31 PM
Looking at how well the last two NSMB games did, I'm pretty sure that this one is going to succeed regardless of whether or not it has any of the things that you mentioned.
#7Wario_manPosted 4/26/2012 10:01:30 PM
1. Difficulty
2. Variety in worlds
3. Originality
4. Brand new power ups
5. Sprites
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#8Nuclear_PiePosted 4/29/2012 4:14:43 PM
Nailed it. Those 5 sound A+ to me, nothing to add.
---
Mercy is not a weakness. Its the strength that separates you from them.
#9pikachupwnagePosted 4/30/2012 8:19:16 AM
What I want

Level creator
Minigames
16 worlds
Different level themes. Give us

Obligatory grassland
Toy
Space(With gravity similar to galaxy)
Haunted
Machine
Fire and ice(Think freezeflame and shiveburn)
Monochrome
etc.
---
I don't post often but when I do.....I triple post. Stay posty my friends -Lord Frood
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF
#10GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/30/2012 8:21:45 AM
Simply adding a Level Creator would make the game sell massively.
---
Uncancel Mega Man Legends 3! Join the devroom and Sign the ONLY OFFICIAL MML3 PETITION:
http://bitly.com/rigdKs
*Please make this your sig*