This game needs online co-op.

#1sonicshadow777Posted 4/27/2012 12:43:10 PM
That's the number one thing that would make me 100% absolutely have to get this game.
#2GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/27/2012 2:26:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3SMASHKING84Posted 4/27/2012 3:52:58 PM
Maybe they could make online co-op be 2 players and local play be 4 players.
that would be a good middle ground imo.
---
The Official Jester of The NDF Most Wanted:Pkmn Conquest,Pm3ds,and Smash 4/3ds&NSMB 2!
#4GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/27/2012 8:19:17 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...

Why would being online limit the number of players?
MK7 can still have 4 players online at the same time...
---
Uncancel Mega Man Legends 3! Join the devroom and Sign the ONLY OFFICIAL MML3 PETITION:
http://bitly.com/rigdKs
*Please make this your sig*
#5SMASHKING84Posted 4/27/2012 10:56:35 PM
Well there excuse for nsmb wii was it couldn't handle that so i thought if that really true make 2 player instead.
I think i would rather have 2 player only online over no online.
though if it can handle 4 players fine.
---
The Official Jester of The NDF Most Wanted:Pkmn Conquest,Pm3ds,and Smash 4/3ds&NSMB 2!
#6kabii_samaPosted 4/29/2012 10:26:19 AM
Assuming the game still has multiplayer in the main game, playing online with strangers would be pretty bad, as you're bound to run into some jerks that try to kill you at every given opportunity. You wouldn't be able to make any progress if you get stuck with one of them. They should limit online to the game modes like those in the Wii game where you just try to earn the highest score, collect the most coins, etc.

Perhaps they could keep track of your total score in the multiplayer modes and create a simple online leaderboard and rank you based on whoever has the most points, highest wins, and best win-loss ratio. You would earn double, triple, or even quadruple points if everyone stayed alive throughout each round, thus encouraging cooperation to some extent. And if the game saves your times for the stages as in 3D Land, you should also be able to see how your times rank online, and perhaps watch videos of those with the best times.

Of course, playing through the main game online with friends should be possible. And you ought to be able to play any minigame mode or game like Mario Vs. Luigi online, maybe with a similar leaderboard.
#7toonlinkking777Posted 4/29/2012 4:26:55 PM
honestly I don't understand why people have this idea that because some people are dumb that you should scrap the whole mode. Obviously you can quit if you play with someone you don't like. They could potentially allow you to tag people who aren't serious and if that happens enough they can only play with people at similar levels. if THAT doesn't work, have it work through friend codes as well. (which it would). Problem solved. No reason to scrap it just because of some random people.
---
3DS FC: 2406-5230-2653
#8GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/29/2012 7:58:54 PM
What online mode needs is sorting modes:
*Co-op mode where you connect to random people and don't fight each other.

*Competition mode where you connect to random people and compete with them.
Basically, the only difference between the two modes is letting people know if you want to do co-op or competition.
---
Uncancel Mega Man Legends 3! Join the devroom and Sign the ONLY OFFICIAL MML3 PETITION:
http://bitly.com/rigdKs
*Please make this your sig*
#9pikachupwnagePosted 4/30/2012 8:13:15 AM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

Why would being online limit the number of players?
MK7 can still have 4 players online at the same time...

MK7 can have 8 players at once
---
I don't post often but when I do.....I triple post. Stay posty my friends -Lord Frood
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF
#10DecaprePosted 4/30/2012 8:17:39 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
MK7 can have 8 players at once

What is this madness!!
---
Is it wrong to have a fangirl crush on Chun Li?