How much do you want to bet...

#1StarmanJuniorPosted 5/1/2012 4:04:40 PM
...this game will be exactly like its predecessors with no original ideas. It will copy the overall design, gameplay, and even the music, have the same enemies, map screen, and the same amount of levels.

Sure I'd like to be wrong once in a while, but I'm usually right :(
#2hugoalfaPosted 5/1/2012 4:44:09 PM
My suggestion is stop making predictions, and wait for the product, if you like it, you buy it, if you do not like it, you don't buy it, all based in general opinion, reviews or having tried the game. I cant stand people complaining even when a game is not even out...
---
Moma! is troll hunting season! wish me luck!
#3StarmanJunior(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 7:03:59 PM
Just sayin', I bet that's what's gonna happen! What with me being right all the time and all. Oh I miss when Nintendo cared about Mario...those were the days.
#4hyliamanPosted 5/1/2012 8:49:48 PM
StarmanJunior posted...
...this game will be exactly like its predecessors with no original ideas. It will copy the overall design, gameplay, and even the music, have the same enemies, map screen, and the same amount of levels.

>No original ideas
>Propeller suit
>Penguin Suit
>Tilt controlled platforms
>Mega Mario
>Mini Mario
>Toad Missions

>Same Enemies

How is that even a bad thing? Last time they made a game with mostly original enemies, nobody liked any of said enemies ( Strollin' Stu? Really? ) And last I checked, NSMB added some new enemies like the boxing glove boo, the snowball throwing spike, Crows, the shelled horned things that can't be killed unless you push them... ect. ect.

All I am worried about is the music and backgrounds. Two aesthetics that don't matter.
---
Complaints have a purpose. One voice becomes one hundred becomes one thousand. Enough common complaints among a crowd is sure to reach it's intended target.
#5StarmanJunior(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 9:07:58 PM
There's nothing wrong with bringing old ideas into new games, I'd just like to see Nintendo put a little effort into it. As soon as they start cutting corners you can tell that the innovation is going to be lacking big time. That's what I hated about 3D Land, it was so rushed and so short it felt lazy. I think Nintendo should give the Mario series to retro studios. I think they would do a better job.
#6GoldenSun3DSPosted 5/1/2012 9:44:19 PM
hyliaman posted...
StarmanJunior posted...

>No original ideas
>Propeller suit
>Penguin Suit
>Tilt controlled platforms
>Mega Mario
>Mini Mario
>Toad Missions

>Same Enemies

How is that even a bad thing? Last time they made a game with mostly original enemies, nobody liked any of said enemies ( Strollin' Stu? Really? ) And last I checked, NSMB added some new enemies like the boxing glove boo, the snowball throwing spike, Crows, the shelled horned things that can't be killed unless you push them... ect. ect.

All I am worried about is the music and backgrounds. Two aesthetics that don't matter.

Crows were in Yoshi's Island...
---
Uncancel Mega Man Legends 3! Join the devroom and Sign the ONLY OFFICIAL MML3 PETITION:
http://bitly.com/rigdKs
*Please make this your sig*
#7hyliamanPosted 5/1/2012 10:42:20 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Crows were in Yoshi's Island...

You mean the ravens?
Not the same.
Ravens stuck to circular objects.

Crows fly and swoop down on you, turn around, and try to get you again. That's something Koopa Paratroopas and Paragoombas do not do.
---
Complaints have a purpose. One voice becomes one hundred becomes one thousand. Enough common complaints among a crowd is sure to reach it's intended target.
#8StarmanJunior(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:47:12 AM
See I was playing Super Mario 3D Land again today and I was having fun...BUT...there's nothing wrong with the content! I mean Bowser doesn't HAVE to kidnap Peach, but it doesn't really matter. I love bringing back retro stuff like the Koopa Kids and other enemies. I'd love to see bosses like Mouser and Wart make comebacks, but that's the thing.

There's nothing wrong with the content BUT...there's just not enough of it. No matter how little effort they put into their Mario games, people are going to buy it and critically acclaim it, but I wish Nintendo would look at their old classics, and instead of drawing inspiration from it, try to re-create that magic. Have a map screen with branching paths and plenty of options. There should be more levels, and they don't have to be long, but they should be filled with surprises and instead of putting one death trap, but that same deathtrap in variations to make it harder. Instead of boring minigames where you're trapped in a box collecting coins, use your imagination! Card games, spade, etc. are so nice. Have a score instead of coin collecting for lives which you end up getting a million of anyway which defeats the purpose of wanting to collect them in the first place. And get rid of that stupid help thing if you die too many times. That's the worst thing ever. If you're going to differentiate the difficulty, have easy mode, normal mode, and hard mode. And make it long! They've gotten so short lately!

So yes, the content is just fine Nintendo, but PUT MORE IN! It's 2012, you should be trying to compete with the games that came out over 20 years ago, instead of just doing a rush job.
#9LaytonmanPosted 5/2/2012 6:25:52 PM
stop complaining every one knows your probbally gonna buy it
---
Winners never cheat, cheaters always wins. wait huh?
#10StarmanJunior(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 6:33:59 PM
probably...which means I'm entitled to my complaints. I do have fantasies of a better Mario game. Come on, give it to Retro Studios! lol