Mega Mushroom Screen

#1SuperZambeziPosted 6/29/2012 10:26:48 AM
http://mariopartylegacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/nsmb2on3dsxl.png

http://mariopartylegacy.com/2012/06/mega-mushroom-returns-in-new-super-mario-bros-2/

So glad it's returning!
---
For all things Mario: www.mariopartylegacy.com
Mario Party Legacy Forum : www.mariopartylegacy.com/forum
#2SpunkySixPosted 6/29/2012 3:26:01 PM
Aw, shmexy! I'm glad it's back too. Few questions/comments:

1. What purpose will it serve? Does crushing lots of stuff get you more coins or something, like how in the original if you stomped in enough turtle skulls you got some 1-up shrooms?

2. That bottom screen HUD looks cool, and the graphics look MUCH better than they did in the original DS one. Seriously, anyone complaining these games look too similar, go back and play the original. Back then it was cool, but compared to this it's UGLY.

3. JESUS CHRIST WHY ARE THE MARIO BROS. SHARING LIVES??? Looks like coop is gonna be a massive pain in the ***.
---
Gearmo, I know cleanliness is important, but for the love of all that is holy, WHY must I do it in 30 seconds???
#3emayerPosted 6/29/2012 3:57:36 PM
Ugh, I hate the Mega Mushroom. It takes all fun out of the level design.
#4StephenYap3Posted 6/29/2012 8:57:24 PM
emayer posted...

Same here.
---
"Every rain drop holds a memory...of you" - Stephen Yap
#5MegaForestPosted 6/29/2012 9:22:04 PM
StephenYap3 posted...
emayer posted...

Same here.

Big deal. Just because you don't want it in doesn't mean that the people who did like it shouldn't be able to use it. Here's a hint: If you hate the Mega-shroom so mus, just don't use it! It's not like anybody is forcing you to...
---
"Yeah! For what it's worth, I'm willing to unleash the power of the pants!"
-Quote by Neemon, in Digimon Frontier episode 43
#6FierceDeity1026Posted 6/29/2012 9:57:17 PM
If I were a developer, I would not put in items that either lets players take to the skies and skip huge portions of levels or lets players destroy everything in their path. I mean, I put so much time and energy (and possibly sweat, blood, tears, and other bodily fluids) into the creation of these great platforming levels and I'm damn well gonna make sure that players see and appreciate the whole thing!

But anyway, I dislike the Mega Mushroom for that reason. I mean, if I hit a ? block and it pops out, I'm not gonna let it go to waste; that's just silly. And I hit ALL ? blocks, so I'll probably be seeing it a lot. But I think it just defeats the point of developers creating platforming levels. That's just my two cents. =P
#7Mariofan15Posted 6/29/2012 10:38:12 PM
emayer posted...

Then dont use it,genius. You arent forced to.
---
My Wife:Skyla
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=665863
#8SpunkySixPosted 6/30/2012 6:08:59 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
emayer posted...

Then dont use it,genius. You arent forced to.

Besides, the game was made with the option to not use it in mind. Remember waaaay back in World 1-1 of the DS NSMB? There was a mega mushroom. If you grab it, sure, you can stomp everything... including a pipe that leads directly to a star coin. So basically, it's a choice between using it to skip stuff, or ignoring it in favor of finding better things. Plus, there's plenty of areas where bigger is not better, and if you can't fit through somewhere, you'll fall in a hole and die. Lastly, using a mega mushroom on bosses is kind of cheap, but remember, to get to a boss with a mega mushroom, you have to do the whole castle level without using reserve items. It's still a little cheap, but I certainly don't think it broke the game. I mean, you wanna talk about items letting you skip stuff, let's talk about the cape.
---
Gearmo, I know cleanliness is important, but for the love of all that is holy, WHY must I do it in 30 seconds???
#9Ultimate3DSFanPosted 6/30/2012 7:30:30 AM
MegaForest posted...
StephenYap3 posted...
emayer posted...

Same here.

Big deal. Just because you don't want it in doesn't mean that the people who did like it shouldn't be able to use it. Here's a hint: If you hate the Mega-shroom so mus, just don't use it! It's not like anybody is forcing you to...

I think the levels are DESIGNED to be like that.
---
Been a Nintendo 3DS Owner/Ambassador since 3/27. (America)
3DS FC: 2148-8143-8703, PM and I'll addja!
#10gamestar3000Posted 6/30/2012 7:41:45 AM
Rampaging mario/luigi alert
---
"There's an asian better than you at it." My ass