Nintendo should bring back the Replays feature from SMA4:SMB3

#1StephenYap3Posted 6/30/2012 2:27:46 PM
This is a feature that I would want, though not sure about everybody else.

This Replays feature I am thinking of is from Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 for Game Boy Advance, where you can save up to 2 replays of levels, similar to saving replays from Smash Bros Brawl. Your replays are not saved when you paused once in a level.

However, if Nintendo does bring this back, the few improvements I want to see would be...

1) Still save your replays, even if you paused.
2) Allow more than 2 (or even as much as the SD Card can handle) replays to be saved. Or better yet...
3) Export the replays to the Nintendo 3DS Camera application.

And the reason I want this feature to return is because apart from being restricted to saving two replays at a time, I seriously enjoyed watching the replays of me tackling a level in a way that I would never grow tired of watching (i.e. Speed Runs). I mean, after speeding through a level at your fastest, would you want to relive that moment again for enjoyment?

Now, I know this is obviously not going to be in NSMB2 or NSMBU, but probably in the next Mario game, Nintendo should consider reviving this feature.

Any thoughts, people?
---
"Every rain drop holds a memory...of you" - Stephen Yap
#2SpunkySixPosted 6/30/2012 6:00:11 PM
I would support replay's inclusion, I mean, why not? It certainly wouldn't hurt.
---
Gearmo, I know cleanliness is important, but for the love of all that is holy, WHY must I do it in 30 seconds???
#3hwb92Posted 6/30/2012 11:09:32 PM
Wow I can't believe I forgot about that feature, I couldn't agree more on bringing it back though! I loved it back when I was younger playing on my GBA in the car and I would tell my brother to watch my last hilarious failure of me being about to reach the goal................and falling in the impossibly easy gap right before it. Or the few attempts i impressed myself (I never was too into challenges or speed runs, so I was perhaps a little too proud of those unlikely maneuvers I performed.) Anyway yea I would love to see it return. Good times. And maybe they would include an occasional spotpass video, like they did with those e-reader cards (some were tips videos and others were speed runs.) Actually with the way they did those cards for Kid Icarus: Uprising, I could easily see them doing an "e-reader" feature as well again someday in the form of AR cards instead. Would be nice playing a game again as the "secret" Cape Mario.
---
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect... Then why practice?
#4Hejiru206Posted 7/1/2012 6:28:30 AM
I never even knew you could do this.
---
Your opinion differs from mine, therefore you are a troll.
#5gamestar3000Posted 7/1/2012 6:35:02 AM
thought the topic read "back to the future"
---
"There's an asian better than you at it." My ass
#6SpunkySixPosted 7/1/2012 8:07:30 AM
Hejiru206 posted...
I never even knew you could do this.

Honestly, neither did I. The more you know...
---
Gearmo, I know cleanliness is important, but for the love of all that is holy, WHY must I do it in 30 seconds???
#7StephenYap3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 10:49:41 AM
gamestar3000 posted...
thought the topic read "back to the future"

lol
---
#8StephenYap3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 10:55:02 AM
hwb92 posted...
And maybe they would include an occasional spotpass video, like they did with those e-reader cards (some were tips videos and others were speed runs.)

Now you're talking!

Actually with the way they did those cards for Kid Icarus: Uprising, I could easily see them doing an "e-reader" feature as well again someday in the form of AR cards instead. Would be nice playing a game again as the "secret" Cape Mario.

That would be nice, but I'm thinking Nintendo could introduce a shop, where you can buy items that are only found in the shop for a few Play Coins.

And by the way, CAPE MARIO MUST COME BACK!!
---
#9StephenYap3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 3:26:36 PM
And by the way, CAPE MARIO MUST COME BACK!!

Of course, remove the cheap flying and make it glide like Squirrel Mario from NSMBU.
---
#10StephenYap3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 6:27:03 PM
SpunkySix posted...
I would support replay's inclusion, I mean, why not? It certainly wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt either.
---