The Final Boss is...*spoilers*

#1Nintendoga123Posted 7/28/2012 12:46:38 AM
Incredibly dissapointing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALd161IXsJw&feature=player_embedded

First form Bowser is the same as the last games, only he throws hammers. I expected the boss to be something like this so I didn't get my hopes up.

Second form however, is just...I can't find the right words for it.

To put it simply, they took the Giant Bowser from NSMBWii, and just turned him 90 degrees south. That's it. He has the same animations, same sounds, same music.

Then you just dodge his slow molasses-ass claws while jumping to different platforms. Even without the gdlk Racoon Suit, this seems like an easy fight.

Do this for 2 minutes then boom, press the button, you beat the main game.

This isn't like Nintendo. I mean yes the NSMB series does show repetitiveness and has re-used tons of assets. But this, it's so...unexpected. And for the wrong reasons.

I don't know maybe the Castle's level design makes up for it, but all in all this is a disappointing end to what otherwise looks to be a fantastic game.

Here's to hoping New Super Mario Bros. U's final boss is better.
#2FighterkirbyPosted 7/28/2012 12:48:02 AM
Late, but I still love this. I couldn't think the Wii version could be more epic but now it is.
---
Wii FC: 3144 5897-4654-3138
Warioware DIY: 2107-1388-4247
#3skawo93Posted 7/28/2012 1:15:56 AM(edited)
Actually, the formula for the boss itself is considerably different from NSMBW. More than you can say about the rest of the game.

Not much effort was put in though, that's true.
---
Error displaying signature.
#4IlluminoiusPosted 7/28/2012 2:00:56 AM
that was so terrible
#5sdatPosted 7/28/2012 2:10:08 AM
Bowser really needs to stop installing switches that only exist to dump him into a pit.

Maybe he could go back to Mario 64's giant mines. Those were fun.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 7/28/2012 2:33:58 AM
Yeah,but you can tell that racoon maro kinda breaks the fight. I imagine if you don't have that you might find it tough.
---
The Official Jester of The NDF&Offical Jirachi Of B/W2 BoardJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:0
#7Rai_JinPosted 7/28/2012 3:10:14 AM(edited)
Final boss in world 6?

Edit: I see

https://p.twimg.com/Ay2ttRxCYAAYphi.jpg
---
#8SMASHKING84Posted 7/28/2012 4:09:17 AM
I don't really know i don't think we should count this a the final boss or we should at least call the world 9 boss "The FINAL Final boss" i mean other mario games you fight the last boss in world 8,and to be fair for a world 6 boss this seems pretty difficult(i've seen easier bosses in world 8 in most mario games...)
---
The Official Jester of The NDF&Offical Jirachi Of B/W2 BoardJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:0
#9Nin3DSFanPosted 7/28/2012 8:32:13 AM
One of those ? worlds, I'm assuming is mushroom world. Which is accessed via World 1-Cannon.

Watch the video by UltimatePisman.
---
What's the difference between a sheep and New Super Mario Bros' soundtrack?
#10pikachupwnagePosted 7/28/2012 8:33:46 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
I don't really know i don't think we should count this a the final boss or we should at least call the world 9 boss "The FINAL Final boss" i mean other mario games you fight the last boss in world 8,and to be fair for a world 6 boss this seems pretty difficult(i've seen easier bosses in world 8 in most mario games...)

Does world 9 even have a boss?

But this fight actually looks cool IMO.
---
Ching ching! Gold flower yay! Coin coin coin coin coin coin coin coin-The NSMB2 effect.
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF