The Final Boss is...*spoilers*

#11Nin3DSFanPosted 7/28/2012 8:37:54 AM
World 9? So, World 7 is "Mushroom", World 8 is "Flower", and World 9 is "Star"?

There's not a World 10 "Special" world is there (lol Mario Kart)
---
What's the difference between a sheep and New Super Mario Bros' soundtrack?
#12darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/28/2012 8:52:07 AM
"Just like Yoshi's Island and you all love it so goddam much!"
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#13darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/28/2012 9:03:15 AM
The problem is that people that are disappointed are usually disappointed for the wrong reasons. You're completely misguided if you think Mario has ever had this grandiose boss fights in the first place. This is especially true for ANY 2D Mario. As I've said time and again...the emphasis of ALL Mario games are the levels themselves. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think Nintendo cares about anything else other than that. If you want some kind of engrossing boss fight you're going to have to go to another series.

Not to mention you're going to get a different range of quality depending how long the development process was 9/10 times. This game was probably worked on for 2 years MAX! If that, if I had to guess. NSMB2 are for casuals and Mario fans that need a quick fix. I think that much is obvious. If you want more out of Mario I would wait for the next 3D one. Or NSMBU just because of its party factor.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#14B-YoshiPosted 7/29/2012 6:12:28 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
The problem is that people that are disappointed are usually disappointed for the wrong reasons. You're completely misguided if you think Mario has ever had this grandiose boss fights in the first place. This is especially true for ANY 2D Mario. As I've said time and again...the emphasis of ALL Mario games are the levels themselves. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think Nintendo cares about anything else other than that. If you want some kind of engrossing boss fight you're going to have to go to another series.

Not to mention you're going to get a different range of quality depending how long the development process was 9/10 times. This game was probably worked on for 2 years MAX! If that, if I had to guess. NSMB2 are for casuals and Mario fans that need a quick fix. I think that much is obvious. If you want more out of Mario I would wait for the next 3D one. Or NSMBU just because of its party factor.

Well, I think that most of the people disappointed are the ones that expect at least a new kind of Bowser Battle. The formula is already seen in NSMB Wii and despite the "new"(?) elements, it really feels old very quickly. They could do a new boss battle like the one in Super Mario Bros. 3 just for a change. It's not a bad idea at all!

About the casual part... well, NSMB 2 is a Mario game but that doesn't mean that has to be a casual game. And if you mean "easy game" for the word "casual", then there's no point to even say something like it. You know, Mario started his Super carrier with Super Mario Bros. 1 and that game is hardcore. But veterans like me know that Super Mario Bros. 2 is way harder than it but sure the 1 Super Mario game is not casual. Mario games doesn't have to be neither hard games or easy games or with repetitive elements: it has to be a new experience in many ways and not only in one area.
---
FC: 1032-2071-6449
#15pikachupwnagePosted 7/29/2012 6:39:15 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...

This has been in devlopment since 2010.

And NSMBW was pretty good with boss fights.

The second fight with each koopaling was cool, getting to fight bowser jr in our own koopa clown car was cool and Giant bowser was an awesome fight. Oh and the kamek fight I like that one.
---
Ching ching! Gold flower yay! Coin coin coin coin coin coin coin coin-The NSMB2 effect.
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF
#16scigeek101Posted 7/29/2012 1:08:09 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
"Just like Yoshi's Island and you all love it so goddam much!"

Hah hah hah no.

Yoshi's Island Final boss was difficult. As well as being totally unexpected at the time.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#17The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/29/2012 4:30:16 PM

I find Super Mario World and Yoshi Island final bosses to be exceptional cool. Some of my all time favourites. This one is no way near the calibre of those.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 25, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Idol Status*~
#18IlluminoiusPosted 7/29/2012 4:33:53 PM
shrowser
#19Nintendoga123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2012 4:51:52 PM
For people who are saying "well maybe the world 9 boss is better"

It's (actually World Star) and this is the final FINAL boss

http://kano-bi.com/uploadxxx2/src/1343499871926.jpg

Pulls a 3D Land
#20YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 7/29/2012 5:40:38 PM
I think the Koopaling boss battles are creative but Bowser, i really wish that since this game is like SMB3, they should have used that final boss as a reference like how Raccoon Mario is a reference, oh well, cant win them all, atleast the koopalings are in it aswell as raccoon mario NOT tanooki mario like SM3DL.

It could be added as dlc, another version of Bowsers fight, the whole dlc idea could be as awesome as SMA4 SMB3 IDEA, add in Cape Mario as a power up, ride yoshi, tanooki mario, anythings possible, perhaps they could use it to remake smb3 in a way, through dlc. Hell im starting to think thats why they are doing dlc, why make a whole new game, when they could use NSMB2 to remake SMB3 through dlc aswell as SMW.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX