Who else wants to play as Yoshi, Toad, or Princesses?

#11pokemega32Posted 7/31/2012 11:08:18 AM
Because people would be really annoyed if Nintendo said "Yoshi is in the game" and then it's revealed he's just a separate choice of character that plays exactly like Mario and Luigi.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#12GalaxyToadPosted 8/2/2012 2:29:34 PM
I personally hope that they remake SMB2 soon as that would give the option to at least play as Toad and Peach. I always did like using Toad and the Princess more than the bros. in the original SMB2. Heck, I even prefer using Toad (Blue/Yellow) over Mario/Luigi in NSMB Wii as playing as Toad in a platformer is certainly a change than playing as the bros. again (though I'd prefer regular Toad more).

Giving differing stats to other characters might also force Nintendo to make newer levels. For example, making Peach the floating character to pass through the sky levels or using Toad's speed and good digging skills to escaped timed desert levels, etc.
#13LDK_Vergil(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 1:12:53 AM
Honestly, given the raging success of the Mario Kart games, I don't see why they don't just blow the lid open, and have a ton of playable characters. Simply balance the game around Mario, and have the other characters have more nuanced play-styles (like others said, kind of like SMB2).

It doesn't necessarily have to include *everyone* from Mario Kart or anything, but certainly people want to play more than Mario. Most little girls would just love to play Peach or Daisy, a ton of people would really did Wario and Waluigi, and I'm sure there's still a ton of love for good ol' Yoshi and Toad.

Just have Mario by default, and have the others unlocked as you play along. You could even think of Peach and Daisy as "replacements" for the Super Guide, since their build-in slow-fall would be Godsend to newer or less-experienced players.
#14RealWaluigiPosted 8/4/2012 4:42:01 AM
LDK_Vergil posted...
Hell, why not even take it a step further and let us play Wario and Waluigi, or any other number of Mario characters present in the Kart and Sports games?

Waluigi.

YES!
---
Sorry for bad spelling/grammar, I'm posting via my iPod.
#15klim28Posted 8/4/2012 4:56:08 AM
Playing as Bowser would be epic. Like in Bowsers Inside Story.
---
3DS kino 4639 - 8985 - 8808 Kid Icarus Uprising / Heroes of Ruin
3DS kino 4554 - 1003 - 6906 Monster Hunter 3G / New Super Mario Brothers 2
#16MrSpacelySlatePosted 8/4/2012 9:09:10 AM
Daisyfanboy posted...
It's become very clear that they hate anyone who isn't Mario, Luigi, Toad, Bowser, or Peach.

They don't even care about Peach and Toad. We're lucky if those two get actual good roles again.
#17BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 8/4/2012 11:55:17 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Daisyfanboy posted...
It's become very clear that they hate anyone who isn't Mario, Luigi, Toad, Bowser, or Peach.

They don't even care about Peach and Toad. We're lucky if those two get actual good roles again.

They definitely care about Peach and Toad more than Waluigi, Toadette, Wario, etc.
#18Maxx_the_SlashPosted 8/4/2012 12:32:07 PM
It absolutely baffles me that female gamers haven't risen up against Nintendo and complained that they're tired of seeing Princess Peach as a damsel in distress in EVERY GAME.

Not just that, but they also don't seem to care that Peach talks like a ****ing idiot who only has a 1-word vocabulary ("MAAAARRRRRRRIIIIOOOOO!!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8WtyL7YeHc 4:22 mark).

I guess female gamers don't care about equality between genders enough to voice their frustration... I know, as a guy, I'm actually quite sick of it. In the age where Peach is in a fighting game and can hold her own in combat, she's still getting kidnapped?
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
#19BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 8/4/2012 12:42:59 PM
I am a female gamer and frankly, I'm freaking tired of seeing Peach acting helpless and seeing her kidnapped all the time. It's really stereotypical to see females that can't stand on their own and just watch themselves getting kidnapped.

It's one of the reasons that Daisy and Rosalina are better princesses than Peach. At least they're not all helpless and lame like Peach is. Well, Daisy did get kidnapped, but with today's Daisy, I bet she would make a fight.
#20gamestar3000Posted 8/4/2012 12:43:18 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
It absolutely baffles me that female gamers haven't risen up against Nintendo and complained that they're tired of seeing Princess Peach as a damsel in distress in EVERY GAME.

Not just that, but they also don't seem to care that Peach talks like a ****ing idiot who only has a 1-word vocabulary ("MAAAARRRRRRRIIIIOOOOO!!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8WtyL7YeHc 4:22 mark).

I guess female gamers don't care about equality between genders enough to voice their frustration... I know, as a guy, I'm actually quite sick of it. In the age where Peach is in a fighting game and can hold her own in combat, she's still getting kidnapped?

*rolls eyes*

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RCKkApwiWxE/SWt0peHHIAI/AAAAAAAAAK0/utePW7a8N5Q/s400/Seriously+People.jpg
---
ALL ABORD THE FAILROAD!!! WOOT WOOT!!!