Is the game worth it?

#1HikasuPosted 8/4/2012 6:04:49 AM
Even if the reward for a million coins is worthless, is the game still worth playing? Does it have alot of new kinds of stages and everything? I am considering buying it since I have alot of money and I do like the mario games, but it does seem alot like the NMB DS one aside from just a few things. They even both have the same kind of worlds too, from the looks of it.
#2uhohjonahPosted 8/4/2012 7:30:20 AM
I'd say so, but it hasn't really come out in America yet, so I can't really judge. The thing is, the game isn't about the mil coin reward. It's about the actual game. That said, Mario games are always fun, IMO.
---
3DS FC: 0216 - 0845 - 6854
Currently playing: Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario World.
#3LonelyGoombaPosted 8/4/2012 8:18:03 AM
I'm just gonna replay the wii one since I've only played it one through co-op

save some money since

1) I can't remember the wii one much
2) not gonna get a new experience with 2
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 8/4/2012 9:15:32 AM
uhohjonah posted...
I'd say so, but it hasn't really come out in America yet, so I can't really judge. The thing is, the game isn't about the mil coin reward. It's about the actual game. That said, Mario games are always fun, IMO.

who cares if the game isn't about mil coin reward? thats no excuse to make the long, time-consuming reward a piece of crap.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#5Redd_WhitePosted 8/4/2012 9:34:05 AM
Hikasu posted...
Even if the reward for a million coins is worthless, is the game still worth playing? Does it have alot of new kinds of stages and everything? I am considering buying it since I have alot of money and I do like the mario games, but it does seem alot like the NMB DS one aside from just a few things. They even both have the same kind of worlds too, from the looks of it.

I suggest you keep your money, unless you really have plenty. The 3DS will get four very promising games in the next few months : zero escape, power of illusion (which is a 2D platformer), bravely default and layton.

This game is mostly the same as the wii episode : same music, same world themes, same reused ressources...if you're really in need of a good 3DS/DS game right now, I'm sure there must be some you missed ? If you haven't gotten your hands yet on the ace attorney or layton series, they're excellent. And if you want 2D platforming, gianna sisters and the castlevania series are fantastic.
#6MrSpacelySlatePosted 8/4/2012 9:35:44 AM
Save your money and just stick with NSMBDS.