What does it all mean!!! What is the point of all this!!!

#11360pagesPosted 8/4/2012 8:43:30 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Halo_Of_The_Sun posted...
coin collecting i mean... do you get to buy $***... does it do what MK7 does and crap out a little something after you collect so many.

all i heard was score attack... if that is all. then that's kinda lame.

Or you know for fun?

Because thats why we play games.

Everyone keeps saying that, but if heading towards the goal gets boring, then what's the point in doing it?

A million is not a small number, even if you got about 2500 each level, you would still have to play a lot.

If your aren't excited for reaching the goal, then it might take two years of playing. At that point it doesn't even matter.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#12Halo_Of_The_Sun(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2012 4:48:57 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
coin collecting i mean... do you get to buy $***... does it do what MK7 does and crap out a little something after you collect so many.

Your either trolling,being serious,or are just stupid. When the hell has collecting coins in ANY Mario platform game let you buy something?

Since when the hell has collecting coins been the primary advertised goal of a Mario game? You'd think if they were shooting for something different involving coin collecting that the coins would mean something more than they do in other Mario games. I mean, that's just simple logic. It's like heavily advertising Yoshi in all the ads and on the boxart and only letting you use him in a couple of levels-

Oh wait...

this is exactly what i was thinking.
---
Currently Playing: VF Final Showdown(aoi,lau&jean)+MK7(Toad)
Looking forward to: Last Story, Tomb Raider, ZweI, Project Oger, Paper Mario 3DS, Yakuza 5??
#13Grandy12Posted 8/5/2012 4:52:16 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Your either trolling,being serious,or are just stupid.

Good to know that if he's serious, he is not stupid.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#14kabii_samaPosted 8/5/2012 9:03:46 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Your either trolling,being serious,or are just stupid. When the hell has collecting coins in ANY Mario platform game let you buy something?

In Super Mario Land 2 coins didn't give lives automatically, you instead had to spend them on a minigame to obtain power-ups and extra lives. In Super Mario Advance 4's World E, you could use your coins to play different minigames in mushroom houses, which would give you various items if you won. I feel like NSMB2 should have been similar to both of these games by allowing players to spend their coins on useful items. Ideally, given the abundance of coins, I'd say the game should not have given extra lives for collecting coins, or at least given a life only every 500/1000 coins. Plus, they should have made it so that you would pay coins whenever you wanted to use a mushroom house (each of which would have a unique minigame that awarded you items based on your performance). Of course, coins spent would not detract from the overall total of coins collected.
#15jurfi1Posted 8/5/2012 9:10:34 PM
Metua posted...
Mariofan15 posted...

Super Paper Mario.

Oh snap son you just got schooled!! And your username is MarioFan? Good job buddy.
---
Im a Royal pain in the Ludroth!
Monster Hunter Tri: BaByEaTR
#16EnzanChaudPosted 8/6/2012 2:25:42 AM
Also Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.
Entirely focused on Coin Collecting.
#17DeathSoul2000Posted 8/6/2012 3:31:37 AM
pikachupwnage posted...

Or you know for fun?

Because thats why we play games.

geez could you stop using that argument? everybody plays games for "fun," thats the whole reason they exist. some people want a little more than just "fun" however, something this game doesn't seem to offer.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#18Jamar95Posted 8/6/2012 12:37:51 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

When you could buy something, how will it benefit you to progress in the game?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2191-7798-3462
Hades: When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade.
#19SMASHKING84Posted 8/6/2012 12:54:15 PM
"Your either trolling,being serious,or are just stupid. When the hell has collecting coins in ANY Mario platform game let you buy something?"
The game this game is a sequel to star coins bought Special wall papers for your bottom screen.
---
The Official Jester of The NDFJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:1
#20trenkenPosted 8/6/2012 2:45:37 PM

It means absolutely nothing. They built an entire lazy game around a pointless concept with no reward. This is what Nintendo is doing with Mario games these days. Lol
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero