so is mario still a plumber from brooklyn?

#1itsmeaustinPosted 8/26/2012 3:20:51 AM
ive always wondered if they kept that old lore.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#2choobiatorPosted 8/26/2012 4:05:51 AM
No, and that was never canon.
---
:)
#3DeadlyNinjaBeesPosted 8/26/2012 6:11:52 AM
He's clearly ethnic Italian. I don't think the accent is incidental.
---
I taste so good you'll want the recipe.
#4Hejiru206Posted 8/26/2012 6:16:10 AM
He's still called a plumber all the time, but I don't think they ever say Brooklyn anymore.
#5Nin3DSFanPosted 8/26/2012 6:28:52 AM
He was NEVER a plumber in Brooklyn. Those cartoons have nothing to do with Nintendo.

Mario has ALWAYS been a resident of the Mushroom Kingdom, at least since Mario Bros. While they (Mario and Luigi) are plumbers, they did NOT find a "secret warp zone while working on the drain" and they did NOT warp to the "Mushroom Land".

If you're one of those people who believe the cartoons are correct then what the heck is a Chargin' Chuck? They should be called Koopa Football Players. Also, Thwomp = Brick, and so on.
---
What's the difference between a sheep and New Super Mario Bros' soundtrack?
#6NeatNatePosted 8/26/2012 6:37:21 AM
And I always assumed the plumber thing wasn't literal. I've always written it off as Mushroom Kingdom slang for hero based off the number of warp pipes he has to go through. Somehow I doubt he fixes toilets in his spare time from saving the princess.
---
Nate.
Space: The final frontier.
#7Nin3DSFanPosted 8/26/2012 6:40:02 AM
Yeah, as far as Nintendo's concerned (remember, Nintendo created Mario, NOT DiC, or whatever) he's a far Italian.... guy who saves Peach constantly from some Turtle (Bowser is a turtle, technically, right?)
---
What's the difference between a sheep and New Super Mario Bros' soundtrack?
#8Toadster9001Posted 8/26/2012 6:44:32 AM
Nin3DSFan posted...
He was NEVER a plumber in Brooklyn. Those cartoons have nothing to do with Nintendo.

Mario has ALWAYS been a resident of the Mushroom Kingdom, at least since Mario Bros. While they (Mario and Luigi) are plumbers, they did NOT find a "secret warp zone while working on the drain" and they did NOT warp to the "Mushroom Land".

If you're one of those people who believe the cartoons are correct then what the heck is a Chargin' Chuck? They should be called Koopa Football Players. Also, Thwomp = Brick, and so on.

The cartoons are not canon, but Mario still comes from the real world. The ending of Donkey Kong (GB) proves this. Think of Mario bros. as the literal midway point between Donkey Kong (real world) and the Mushroom Kingdom.
---
Nintendo 5-Star Leader
http://z6.invisionfree.com/N5S/index.php
#9NeatNatePosted 8/26/2012 6:47:20 AM
Toadster9001 posted...
Nin3DSFan posted...

The cartoons are not canon, but Mario still comes from the real world. The ending of Donkey Kong (GB) proves this. Think of Mario bros. as the literal midway point between Donkey Kong (real world) and the Mushroom Kingdom.

Both Yoshi's Island games have him as a baby living in the Mushroom Kingdom.
---
Nate.
Space: The final frontier.
#10Toadster9001Posted 8/26/2012 6:49:36 AM
NeatNate posted...
Both Yoshi's Island games have him as a baby living in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Technically the Mushroom Kingdom and Yoshi's Island are separate entities. Just because the plumbers were born there doesn't mean that's where they grew up.
---
Nintendo 5-Star Leader
http://z6.invisionfree.com/N5S/index.php