So, what's the trade in value for this game at GameStop?

#1uhohjonahPosted 9/3/2012 5:37:44 AM
I bought this game on launch day and I beat it in two days. As fun as it was the first playthrough, I really don't want to play it anymore. I wasn't going to sell it though, until I saw that GameStop was having a 50 percent extra in store credit deal. So tell me, how much money can I make off of GameStop? Since its a new game, I imagine I can get all my money back and a little more, right? I have a PowerUp Rewards Pro card (another extra 10 percent in store credit).
---
3DS FC: 0216 - 0845 - 6854 PM me if you want to play KI:U or SSFIV3D :D
Currently playing: Pikmin 2, Rainbow Moon, Outland, Persona 4 Arena, and more...
#2uhohjonah(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2012 6:08:14 AM
Ah, never mind. I suppose nobody will reply to this because selling a Mario game is a crime and no one will do it. Anyways, I'm going to GameStop in a bit. I guess I'll see then.
---
Currently playing: Rainbow Moon, Outland, Persona 4 Arena, and Minecraft.
#3Saito_IkariPosted 9/3/2012 6:26:11 AM
usually its quite high, how high im not sure but their almost always looking for mario games.
---
Final fantasy 3 FC: 4210-5355-3133
#4William_18Posted 9/3/2012 8:19:50 AM(edited)
Didn't read your whole post BUT the normal trade in value for the game is $17.

If you know you get an extra 50% for the promo going on plus another 10% for your card you should be able to easily do the math and figure out how much you'll get.

*If you can't it's $27.20*

I also suggest taking in any other games as well to get the most out of the promo going on. I am going to take this game in as well as my Circle Pad Pro and a few PS3 games.

---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#5Gargomon251Posted 9/3/2012 8:11:42 AM
LOL idk how you can get sick of it in two days
#6William_18Posted 9/3/2012 8:25:09 AM
Gargomon251 posted...
LOL idk how you can get sick of it in two days

As the TC said he/she beat the game in the two days. Also I can see how someone can get bored of the game rather fast since there isn't much to it. The only lasting appeal to the game is Coin Rush mode and that's only really useful if you live in a larger town. I live in a small town where the only time I can usually get a street pass is if I go into Gamestop.

So for me Coin Rush is pointless and since the story mode has no additional value (unlike 3D Land) there is no reason to keep it. I know my wife was enjoying the game yesterday but I know it'll be short lived hence why even I am going to trade in the game and get something better with lasting appeal like Fallout New Vegas or that new Final Fantasy game on the 3DS.
---
#7banjo kazooiePosted 9/3/2012 8:28:15 AM
William_18 posted...

If you know you get an extra 50% for the promo going on plus another 10% for your card you should be able to easily do the math and figure out how much you'll get.

Do you work there, perchance?
---
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth.
#8William_18Posted 9/3/2012 10:57:40 AM
banjo kazooie posted...
William_18 posted...

Do you work there, perchance?

Hahahahahaha.. No... No I do not.

you can go to cheapassgamer.com and get the trade in value of the game then with simple math you can figure out how much more you'd get from the promo that's going on.
---
#9castrejon04Posted 9/3/2012 11:06:41 AM
You'll probably get 10 bucks for it after the boost stuff.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#10uhohjonah(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2012 1:25:57 PM
Thanks. I traded it in yesterday.
---
Currently playing: Rainbow Moon, Outland, Persona 4 Arena, and Minecraft.