Just played through NSMB again.

#1SonicVsMarioXPosted 10/2/2012 7:32:22 PM
The Level design is actually pretty good. People are saying that it has a simplistic Super Mario Bros type of level design but if they actually played past the first world you would clearly see many big levels with more unique enemies than NSMB Wii & NSMB2. I do think NSMB wii did beat NSMB when it comes to stage gimmicks since there were a lot of them.

I still like the DS version more though because it also had lots of elements from SM64DS like Dorrie the Sea Monster, Unaggi the Eel and some specific enemies like the coin bags and scuttle bugs. Plus the mini games, addictive multiplayer, actual originality and the ability to take the game anywhere beats the Wii version for me personally.

Play it again and remember how awesome it is.
---
My SSB4 Character roster:
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/SVSMX/ssbroster.png
#2SpunkySixPosted 10/2/2012 8:06:44 PM
Played it again recently. Better than NSMBW? Not for me. Much better than what it's given credit for, and a very good game in its own right? Yep.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
#3MarioMan847Posted 10/2/2012 9:43:07 PM
It was a good game when it came out, but it's overshadowed by almost every other 2D Mario game IMO.
---
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kirby's Dream Collection, Super Paper Mario, inFamous, Zelda: Skyward Sword
#4MrSpacelySlatePosted 10/3/2012 3:20:43 PM
I still play it regularly.

It's the only NSMB that deserves to exist. NSMBW and NSMB2 both get the bucket of shame.
#5Mariofan15Posted 10/3/2012 4:02:28 PM
I still play it regularly.

It's the only NSMB that deserves to exist. NSMBW and NSMB2 both get the bucket of shame.

Lol.
---
0175-8937-2146 - Pokemon Black
#6EdwardoMario16Posted 10/3/2012 5:04:46 PM
New SMB I wouldn't call it one of the finest Mario titles, however it was a decent first effort, so it can be excused a little.

New SMB Wii took it's predecessor and injected it with steroids. It's a pretty solid and creative game.

New SMB 2...we all know the story on this one already. Shamefully Lazy game.

And I'm starting to feel some disappointment looking at New SMB U. The settings are different, the music is different, there's a new powerup, but I really don't see it doing anything to stand out. It's still more of the same.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
#7LeftyGreenMarioPosted 10/3/2012 5:33:13 PM
The first New Super Mario Bros. had that nostalgic feel since there was a huge gap in 2D platformers at the time, so it felt fresh and "new".

Later into the series, though, it's not so "new" and the "nostalgia" is being crammed down our throats.
---
Every time I post, Wario gets killed. Also, Mario > Luigi.
BabyLuigiOnFire is my sister.