So, is this it for DLC?

#1DiabloNeonXPosted 10/4/2012 9:39:50 PM
These packs are pretty sweet. Has anything more been said about additional DLC?

I've been slowly playing through NSMB2 because I want to savor it. I'm currently at 6-4 with only having the rest of world 6 and the world Star to play (I've gotten all the star coins to this point). Having new levels to play allows me to enjoy it longer. Sure, the shiny stars, a million coins, and 10 million coins give me something else to work toward, but I want to just enjoy everything this game has to offer.

One other question though. Once I unlock the ability to play as Luigi, can I start a game save as just Luigi? If so, that would be pretty sweet.
---
Currently Playing: Ultimate MvC3 (PS3), Mario Kart 7 (3DS), LoZ: Skyward Sword (Wii), SFxT (PS3), Mass Effect 2 (PS3), Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3).
#2Jak7733Posted 10/4/2012 9:49:09 PM
You can only play as Luigi on save files that have defeated Bowser or in co-op. Can't even play him in coin rush, which is lame.
---
What the hell is a Firioniel? Is that the cable that fits an iFrion? - ponosmcgee on Dissidia Final Fantasy
#3DBPanterAPosted 10/4/2012 10:04:58 PM
Reggie said in his Nintendo Direct that there will be 2 more waves of DLC for this game. I believe the next one is early November and the last one is late November.
---
GE 007 Wii FC: 3219 3898 2992 &. Minnesota
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#4Solid_Mike86Posted 10/4/2012 10:31:26 PM
Im hoping one of those packs has nothing but night time levels. Maybe with glistening stars to remind us of Star Road? :)
---
Currently Playing : New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
Currently Awaiting : Halo 4(360)
#5DiabloNeonX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 6:37:17 AM
2 more waves of DLC, you say? Interesting. This is indeed relevant to my interests.

Kind of a bummer I can't do a Luigi solo game. That would breathe a lot more life in to NSMB2 for me, but I can't complain too much.

This is the most fun I've had with a Mario game since SMA4. The e-reader levels were a lot of fun, especially being able to play SMB 1-1 with the cape, and Airship's Revenge. Still a shame the rest of the cards never got a North American release.

But now that I think about it, wouldn't some retro stages be awesome as DLC?
---
Currently Playing: Ultimate MvC3 (PS3), Mario Kart 7 (3DS), LoZ: Skyward Sword (Wii), SFxT (PS3), Mass Effect 2 (PS3), Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3).
#6pikachupwnagePosted 10/5/2012 6:48:49 AM
There is more coming in late october and in november and I bet there will be more after that too.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#7SpunkySixPosted 10/5/2012 6:54:38 AM
I hope that one of the DLC packs just has a lot of unique enemies/gimmicks. I'd probably pick up a used copy for that. Night levels sound fun too. Maybe a combination?
---
Tissues to the extreme!
#8kabii_samaPosted 10/5/2012 1:45:45 PM
DiabloNeonX posted...
2 more waves of DLC, you say? Interesting. This is indeed relevant to my interests.

Kind of a bummer I can't do a Luigi solo game. That would breathe a lot more life in to NSMB2 for me, but I can't complain too much.

This is the most fun I've had with a Mario game since SMA4. The e-reader levels were a lot of fun, especially being able to play SMB 1-1 with the cape, and Airship's Revenge. Still a shame the rest of the cards never got a North American release.

SMA4's e-reader stages were some of the best levels in the entire history of 2D Mario platformers. You really can't deny that. They were unique, challenging, and quite fun. Plus they combined many aspects of different Mario games (Cape Feather, vegetables, Ghost Houses, and more) into a single world. I haven't been able to get them yet, but (aside from that simple pack filled with gold stuff) the first round of new Coin Rush packs looks pretty good. Hopefully, stages in later level packs will be of the same quality as levels in "World e", with more unique stage designs.
#9RahzarXPosted 10/5/2012 5:20:40 PM
It's confirmed, 3 more packs at LEAST.

End of October.
Early November.
End of November.

There is definite possibility of more if they sell well.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#10Jak7733Posted 10/5/2012 8:13:46 PM
kabii_sama posted...
DiabloNeonX posted...

SMA4's e-reader stages were some of the best levels in the entire history of 2D Mario platformers. You really can't deny that. They were unique, challenging, and quite fun. Plus they combined many aspects of different Mario games (Cape Feather, vegetables, Ghost Houses, and more) into a single world. I haven't been able to get them yet, but (aside from that simple pack filled with gold stuff) the first round of new Coin Rush packs looks pretty good. Hopefully, stages in later level packs will be of the same quality as levels in "World e", with more unique stage designs.

They were pretty amazing. My only complaint was that every single gimmick and enemy from other games only appeared in one level each. Its a shame because I wish they had done more with the stone blocks that were only visible in the tanooki suit's stone form.
---
What the hell is a Firioniel? Is that the cable that fits an iFrion? - ponosmcgee on Dissidia Final Fantasy