Never gonna happen, but....

#1viperstrike07Posted 10/5/2012 9:31:56 AM
I would find it interesting if Nintendo offered a free level pack or a discount on all 3 for those that maxed out the coin counter (9,999,999).

Is it even possible for an offer like that to happen with the software?

Has any game (all systems) every offered a discount on something with monetary value for in game achievements?
#2slugbossPosted 10/5/2012 9:59:33 AM(edited)
I contemplated whether if nintendo would ever give anything to those that got 1 million coins, that said I never collected them. I don't think FREE DLC would have been that far fetched though, can't they just put a mcdonalds ad on the coin rush page if they're that reluctant to support their game...

Also, to answer your question, Ubisoft's UPLAY service and sometimes Steam giveaway stuff like DLC for collecting achievements. Xbox even has a really minor cashback bonus for signing up with their rewards site and having a high gamerscore. Other than that there is plenty of crappy free to play games with ingame currency that can be either bought or earned by playing.
#3trenkenPosted 10/5/2012 10:21:07 AM
viperstrike07 posted...
I would find it interesting if Nintendo offered a free level pack or a discount on all 3 for those that maxed out the coin counter (9,999,999).

Is it even possible for an offer like that to happen with the software?

Has any game (all systems) every offered a discount on something with monetary value for in game achievements?

Nintendo games in general arent really built with fun rewards in mind, not like most other games this gen which seem to be all about rewarding the player in fun and cool ways.

Nintendo is VERY old school, so just like the old days games dont have unlockables or really any cool extras.

They come up with a cool idea to focus on coin collecting, except theres no really incentive or payoff for doing it. Derp.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#4viperstrike07(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 6:24:52 PM
Thanks both of you for the reply.

My videogame knowledge has been enlightened for the week =)
#5Mariofan15Posted 10/5/2012 6:28:34 PM
Getting a discount on all 3 packs for getting the Cap would be just as stupid as the reward you getting for doing it.
---
0175-8937-2146 - Pokemon Black