It's sad how many games do the collection aspect better than this game

#1RidleyTheOmegaPosted 10/6/2012 5:54:44 AM
Look at Kirby's Epic Yarn, for example. Beads were handled much better than coins in this game, as they
- Came in a bunch of different units that all appeared fairly commonly
- Came out of the environment in all sorts of creative ways, like those shooting stars in Stellar Way
- Were trickier to keep
- Were used to determine if you unlocked certain levels
- Could be used to actually buy stuff
- Could be earned from mini games
- Were used for a ranking system

Even NSMBW is better with Star Coins. Skill and help videos were a very nice reward for collecting them and the Special World was handled better.

Any other games you can think of that also do it better?
---
Ridley is awesome, don't deny it: http://i.imgur.com/ftGIe.jpg
Do you want Ridley playable in the next Smash Bros? Heck Yes: 53 Heck No: 15
#2Solid_Mike86Posted 10/6/2012 6:24:28 AM
And yet this game is still more fun than Epic Yarn.
---
Currently Playing : New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
Currently Awaiting : Halo 4(360)
#3FakatopaterePosted 10/6/2012 6:27:48 AM
Solid_Mike86 posted...
And yet this game is still more fun than Epic Yarn.

That's your opinion. The only fact here is that Epic Yarn did a better job with the collectibles.

Epic Yarn is one of the best 2D platformers I have ever played.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
3DS FC: 0302 - 0503 - 0747
#4Solid_Mike86Posted 10/6/2012 6:31:22 AM
I'm not denying that Epic Yarn has a better "collection" aspect than this game. I'm just saying that this game is more fun & challenging. I'm also aware that this is my opinion. I'm not like some people around here who state their opinion as a fact.
---
Currently Playing : New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
Currently Awaiting : Halo 4(360)
#5FakatopaterePosted 10/6/2012 6:43:19 AM(edited)
Solid_Mike86 posted...
I'm not denying that Epic Yarn has a better "collection" aspect than this game. I'm just saying that this game is more fun & challenging. I'm also aware that this is my opinion. I'm not like some people around here who state their opinion as a fact.

Oh, I am sorry then. Due to all these flame wars on this board, I misjudged you.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
3DS FC: 0302 - 0503 - 0747
#6Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 10/6/2012 6:43:08 AM
Donkey Kong Coumtry Returns. Collecting all the KONG letters in every stage opened the final stage and a mirror challenge.
---
"Behold my powers! I am the most powerful Pokemon in the world!" -Mewtwo
3DS FC: 4339-2716-5379
#7TrueBlue91Posted 10/6/2012 7:21:58 AM
Any game with collectibles.
#8SkyminxyzPosted 10/6/2012 8:07:59 AM
Surprise nobody mentioned how great the collection aspect of the first 3 Spyro games were yet...
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#9MarioMan847Posted 10/6/2012 8:54:12 AM
Fakatopatere posted...
That's your opinion. The only fact here is that Epic Yarn did a better job with the collectibles.

For the love of Miyamoto..... It's not a fact. -__-

Epic Yarn is one of the best 2D platformers I have ever played.

You're joking right? I find Epic Yarn to be one of the worst Kirby platformers since the early Kirby's Dream Land games. It comes nowhere near to being as good as you claim it to be
---
Video games are awesome.
#10Mascot_GamerPosted 10/6/2012 8:56:48 AM
Skyminxyz posted...
Surprise nobody mentioned how great the collection aspect of the first 3 Spyro games were yet...

Meh, I love those games, but if we are talking about pure collection systems then these games do push it sometimes. I mean 10,000 gems and 64 orbs for a flame powerup that you won't use along with skill points that the game doesn't hint at nor give any real drive to collect. They can be a collectathon for bragging rights and not much else.

But speaking for this game I would agree that a system built on indifferent collecting could have been done better.