This game makes me want a level editor...

#1CubeTVPosted 12/3/2012 9:24:20 PM
Is there any way I can get a hold of a level editor in any of the New Super Mario Bros. games?
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#2hdobbsPosted 12/3/2012 10:33:15 PM
Trust me - if a level editor was capable you would have known about it a long time ago....There would be tons of topics showing off user-created levels
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 12/3/2012 10:52:00 PM
^ He's not talking about NSMB2 level editors...

TC, there's a NSMBW level editor called Reggie!. You need an actual copy of NSMBW to actually play it, though if you have a strong enough computer, you could run an ISO off of Dolphin.
#4SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2012 2:53:46 AM
there's also a level editor for nsmb ds and lunar magic[smw]

i wish nintendo would just release an official editor. if brawl can have one why not mario
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#5EngineR2Posted 12/4/2012 11:14:55 AM(edited)
So many people asked for this. Unfortunately, since there's a set rule that only one New Super Mario Bros. game can show up on a single console, we will never see an official level editor anytime soon.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2012 5:36:13 PM
I'll be honest the real reason nintendo won't do it is because it would be far too easy to make an exact copy of a level in say nsmbu using a level editor from this game.

there affraid to do it because ut may hurt sales.

but honestly i don't really think it would hurt sales a lot because casual gamers and kids would play the new games regardless.

but wouldn't be nice to see a level you find too easy and tweak it a bit to make it harder? wouldn't be nice to see a level too hard be easily fixed by placing more platforms.

this to me would be far more ideal then making game a too easy and game b too hard.

it just won't ever happen as long as nintendo decides it's better to lazily copy paste levels in games then to make levels so unique they couldn't possibly be made in another games level editor.
---
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#7MwulfPosted 12/4/2012 5:49:02 PM
The day Nintendo releases a level editor for 2D mario platformers is the last day Nintendo will ever be able to sell a 2D mario platformer.

The game mechanics were perfected in the mid-90s, after all.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#8Mariofan15Posted 12/4/2012 5:53:15 PM
there's also a level editor for nsmb ds and lunar magic[smw]

i wish nintendo would just release an official editor. if brawl can have one why not mario

He was asking about a level editor for NSMB games.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#9guedesbrawlPosted 12/5/2012 5:57:54 AM
there are DS NSMB hacks,so i'm sure there's also an editor for it.

Wii has reggie
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#10SMASHKING84Posted 12/6/2012 3:25:13 AM
stupid question but is there some way to use reggie without hbc. like would smash stack or letter bomb work.

i ask because this way i won't have to worry about updating my wii and the system bricking. plus since these methods don't modify the firmware there perfectly legal.
---
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.